Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 TESLA MODEL X 100D, 12k mi, 7 Seats, lease takeover or buy out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Call/Text Mike at (moderator edit) or message me if seriously interested only. I usually respond to messages within a few minutes. Feel free to call/text me anytime.

Asking for $5,000 or best offer to take over our lease by 1/31, or $6,500 if 2/1 or later. Our current payment is $1410 but Maryland is one of the few states that actually charges the full sales tax on leases, so I'm not sure if the payment would be less if it's transferred out of state.

Go to this link below to see PICTURES that I just took of the Tesla MX 100D:
iCloud Photo Sharing

If this ad is still up, the Tesla is still available. It won't last long! The lease has a little under 2 years left and about 20k miles left. Can transfer the lease, or you can buy it out from Tesla if you'd prefer. Buyer is responsible for the lease transfer fee to Tesla (around $500). It's under Tesla's bumper to bumper warranty until 2022 (or 50k miles), and the battery and drive unit are under warranty until 2026 for UNLIMITED MILES.

Vehicle Highlights:
-Mileage: 12,511
-Body Style: SUV
-Exterior Color: Pearl White Multi-Coat
-Interior Color: Multi-Pattern Black
-Range: 295 miles, but last full charge was 286 miles
-Enhanced Autopilot enabled (AP 2.5 hardware)
-Manufactured in Sept. 2017, but was delivered 12/29/2017
-Has free SUPERCHARGING, but not sure if that transfers with the lease
-Smart Air Suspension, active, adjustable
-Premium Upgrades Package
-Ultra High Fidelity Sound Package
-20" Silver Wheels
-Third Row Seats (can seat 7 adults)
-All 5 back seats fold down and lay flat for easy hauling, more storage space
-High Amperage Charger Upgrade so charges faster, about 48 mi/hr at 72 amps
-SUBZERO Weather Package (all 7 seats heated + heated steering wheel and windshields)
-Dark Ash Wood Decor & Black Headliner
-2 Key FOBs
-All weather mats in entire car except trunks
-18% SunTek Window Film Carbon Tint for driver & passenger windows
-Tow Package

This Tesla is in excellent condition, almost brand new. We've owned it for about 1 year and put about 11k miles on it. We loved this Tesla Model X, but our kids are getting older, so we no longer need the powered doors, etc. We have downsized to a Model S. It's been GARAGE KEPT for the year we've owned it. Non-smoker owners. CLEAN/CLEAR TITLE and no accidents except minor curb rash to some of the wheels which can be fixed up for pretty cheap. Just had it professionally cleaned and detailed so it looks great. It is FULLY LOADED with ALL OPTIONS that were available except leather seats. Buying a used car from a private owner is the best way to go because you can get a great deal and save big time on state sales tax too!

Message me if you want to come check it out, test drive it, or have any questions. I have a pretty flexible schedule so should be able to work something out with you. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_0671.jpeg
    IMG_0671.jpeg
    515.6 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_1046.jpeg
    IMG_1046.jpeg
    437.4 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_1047.jpeg
    IMG_1047.jpeg
    564.5 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1048.jpeg
    IMG_1048.jpeg
    727.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_1050.jpeg
    IMG_1050.jpeg
    474.9 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_1059.jpeg
    IMG_1059.jpeg
    453.1 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_1062.jpeg
    IMG_1062.jpeg
    480.6 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_1065.jpeg
    IMG_1065.jpeg
    337.1 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1067.jpeg
    IMG_1067.jpeg
    333.8 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_1073.PNG
    IMG_1073.PNG
    673.4 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Reactions: commasign
Unfortunately, the unlimited free Supercharging would not transfer with this vehicle. Prospective buyer should check with Tesla AND get the results in writing. Often sales or service personnel do not have an accurate grasp of the policy and may verbally say something that turns out to be incorrect.

Reactions: FreeElectric
So essentially, you're asking $111,164 for this used vehicle... ($73,734+5,000+(23*1410). A new one, without FSD is $107,000 and that is without the tax credits, so I think your price may be a little high...

That’s not entirely correct. If someone plans to keep it longer than the 2 year remaining lease, it’s better to buy it out now. Really depends on the buyer. Also, I’m not sure how the payments work for someone if it’s transferred to another state. My $1410 payment includes the 6% maryland sales tax on my full purchase price (110-120k). Most states do not charge a full sales tax on a lease. Also, your 107k estimated purchase price does not include the $1,200 destination/doc fee + 6% sales tax which would make it closer to $115k in Maryland now. You can talk about the $3,750 tax credit but 1) not everyone is eligible for that and 2) buyer would not get that for more than a year since they would need to wait until 2020 to file their taxes for that.

Also, my asking price also says "or best offer". Seems like there's quite a bit of interest based on the 3-4 inquiries from different buyers that I received within 10 minutes of posting the MX, but thank you for your feedback.

Last edited:
That’s not entirely correct. If someone plans to keep it longer than the 2 year remaining lease, it’s better to buy it out now. Really depends on the buyer. Also, I’m not sure how the payments work for someone if it’s transferred to another state. My $1410 payment includes the 6% maryland sales tax on my full purchase price (110-120k). Most states do not charge a full sales tax on a lease...

got it, so .... $93,000+$5,000+(12,511*.08) vs $107,000-3750+FSD

1/28 update: Had a deal in place, but it just fell through. Lowered price now: asking for $2,500 + $1,500 for our February 1 payment, or best offer to take over our lease. You would just need to get approved by Tesla Finance for the lease take over (takes 24-48 hours), and then you can come pick up your Model X. Our current base payment is $978.62 for the lease. In Maryland it comes out to $1410 with the sales tax, but Maryland is one of the few states that actually charges the full sales tax on leases, so your payment would be $978 + your state sales tax. If you know anyone that may be interested, please inbox me or call/text 443-420-7210. Thanks.

Wonder why we can't edit our own posts?

I just made my February lease payment, so we will wait a few more days to accept a better offer. I would sell today for $3,000 ($1,500 to me and $1,500 for Feb. lease payment), and the lease approval takes 24-48 hours, so I would be ok with the new owner picking up the Tesla right after their approval (full lease transfer process can take 2 weeks or so).

Tesla Finance told me that my base payment is $978.62 for the lease. However, I think it's more like $1236. In Maryland, my lease comes out to $1410 total. Maryland is one of the few states that actually charges the full sales tax on leases, so I think the payment would be $1236 + your state sales tax, but you would need to verify with your DMV and/or Tesla Finance. Every state has different sales taxes, fees, and some even have discounted/no taxes on EVs.

I just went on Tesla's website and priced out a model x100d with the same specs as mine. Lease payments for 36 month lease with $10k down (I only put $2,500 down) would be $1627. If you add about 7,500 more in the payments, it would be more than $1,800 per month...so in Maryland $1410 for a Model X 100d is a great deal on a lease.

2/7 update: Asking for $0 down to take over our lease. You would just need to get approved by Tesla Finance for the lease take over (takes 24-48 hours), and then you can come pick up your Model X. You would also be required to pay a total of $650 to Tesla Finance for the lease/credit application and lease takeover, and I am asking for $1500 for the February lease payment that I just paid.

If you register the Model X in Maryland, your lease payment would be $1410 total. I just went on Tesla's website and priced out a model x100d with same specs as mine. Lease payments for 36 month lease with $10k down (I only put $2,500 down) would be $1627. If you add about 7,500 more in the payments, it would be more than $1,800 per month. So in Maryland $1410 for a Model X 100d is a great deal on a lease. If you register the Model X in another state, your payment would include sales tax and/or fees required by your state. You would need to verify with your DMV and/or Tesla Finance. Every state has different sales taxes, fees, and some even have discounted/no taxes on EVs.

2/7 update: Asking for $0 down to take over our lease. You would just need to get approved by Tesla Finance for the lease take over (takes 24-48 hours), and then you can come pick up your Model X. You would also be required to pay a total of $650 to Tesla Finance for the lease/credit application and lease takeover, and I am asking for $1500 for the February lease payment that I just paid.

If you register the Model X in Maryland, your lease payment would be $1410 total. I just went on Tesla's website and priced out a model x100d with same specs as mine. Lease payments for 36 month lease with $10k down (I only put $2,500 down) would be $1627. If you add about 7,500 more in the payments, it would be more than $1,800 per month. So in Maryland $1410 for a Model X 100d is a great deal on a lease. If you register the Model X in another state, your payment would include sales tax and/or fees required by your state. You would need to verify with your DMV and/or Tesla Finance. Every state has different sales taxes, fees, and some even have discounted/no taxes on EVs.

$0 down but will need $1500 haha

Sorry but you are going to have to bring cash to the table to get out of this lease

Nobody is going to bite at $73734 residual plus $27192 payments plus the bonus $1500 zero down drive off fee

Sorry but you are going to have to bring cash to the table to get out of this lease

Nobody is going to bite at $73734 residual plus $27192 payments plus the bonus $1500 zero down drive off fee

First off, as soon as I made this update, I received a couple of new inquiries. 2nd, who says that everyone looking to take over a lease wants to buy out the car at the end of the lease (makes the $73k residual irrelevant). Actually, I think it's the opposite. Most people taking over a lease are looking for a short term commitment. 3rd, the $1500 is to pay for the lease payment that I just made, IF they want to take the car now (lease payments are made up front). If they don't want the car until March, then they can just pay Tesla Finance for the next payment, and I'll use the car myself this month. Finally, if you're not interested, feel free to move on to another post/thread. There's no reason for you to comment.

I think he’ll do fine at his current price point. Someone looking for a short term lease can get into this with zero down with plenty of miles left.

A new vehicle equipped like this one would be $1500-1600 a month with a little over $7k down to start.

Looks like you and i are both in Ca, so we may not see it as an ideal deal, but our tax laws and CA incentives make our leases much more attractive then many other states.

Nonetheless, best of luck on your lease trade.