Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Texas Legislative Session Discussion Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for posting, @TXjak! Who's up for some coordinated lobbying?

Dr. Shaw's bio is here: Bryan W. Shaw, Ph.D., P.E. - TCEQ - www.tceq.texas.gov (to understand who you are dealing with). I think the important points to emphasize are: (1) Teslas improve air quality just as much as other EVs, and (2) we pay state tax equivalent to that paid by other EV purchasers.

Background:
SB 1731 (see the "Enrolled" version of the Bill here: Texas Legislature Online - 85(R) Text for SB 1731, Subchapter D, Section 386.154(d) etc. starting on page 15), which re-establishes the rebate program, does not require qualifying new electric vehicles to be sold by dealerships. It merely requires the car to be first registered in Texas. The rebate for a leased vehicle is prorated over a three year period. The rebate is limited to the first 2,000 qualified applicants, beginning on a date that is yet to be determined.

The proposed rules (prior to the amendment by Commissioner Shaw) are linked in TXjak's post # 97.

I've been googling to no avail

I heard that Texas Lawmaker wanted to get rid of front License Plates this year. Did they pass the law?
I do not believe that was passed. I think they passed the electronic plate one though.

With the videos of people getting caught by TeslaCam repeater cameras in parking lot accidents - I think I like front plates.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler