Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 TX EPA 228 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a total knock on you, but it doesn't appear that you've done much research on EV batteries. Degradation is normal and you'll see the biggest drops in the first couple/few years. My 2016 P90D (and others) had an original EPA rating of 250 miles, but I doubt mine even displays more than 225 now when fully charged.

Not a total knock on you, but it doesn't appear that you've done much research on EV batteries. Degradation is normal and you'll see the biggest drops in the first couple/few years. My 2016 P90D (and others) had an original EPA rating of 250 miles, but I doubt mine even displays more than 225 now when fully charged.
That may very well be, because Tesla through its
OTA updates has taken range away - to extend your battery life - longer. That way they won't have to do a replacement under warranty.

I have a 2018 75D, the full charge range on the display on day 1 was 231 and 227 now. This is not the EPA range, its a calculated, estimated range by the battery management system.

I drive south through Oregon a few times a year and find I can make it about 240 miles driving on I5 at 5 mph over or less. That's the EPA range and I dont think its actually changed much.

I got tired of thinking about miles and just use the percent charged display. I always stop at the same superchargers on the way, miles don't really matter.