Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll add my info to help round out the picture:

2017 Model X 90D
VIN: ...H...349xx

Ordered: 11 Dec 2016
Confirmed: 19 Dec 2016
Estimated Deliver: February - Early March
Delivery area: Boston

As of noon, 7 Feb 2017: scheduled for production

Details
90D
Midnight Silver
20" silver wheels
6 Seats, black leather
Subzero Weather package
Towing package
Mine just changed to "Your Tesla is currently in production." 14 Feb 2017, about 11am Eastern time.

Reactions: Brnz and championi
Just heard from my DS.

My car went into production either late on Feb 9 or early Feb 10. My DS said on Feb 13 that it was still early in the production and was "in Body in White" (whatever that means). Now on Feb 14, it is in "General Assembly". FYI, I also received the automated email from Tesla that says my car is in production on Feb 14, even though it had been there for several days (MyTesla site was more accurate).

I am posting to give others an idea of how the production process goes. If I learn anything else, I will let you know (hoping to be out of production before the shut down).

I don't think they allowed for the two week December Holiday shutdown, which is entirely normal year to year, so I highly doubt their algorithm accommodates an ad hoc shutdown such as this.

I do not remember Tesla ever shutting down for two weeks in December. The TMC deliveries spreadsheet shows activity through all of December 2016 - I see Prod complete dates such as 12/27, 12/20, 12/24 and so on.

Based on information posted here, is it possible that the production is based on battery size, not VIN? it looks like the 90D's ordered in the last 2 months are currently in production.
I have a P100D on order (as of 12/21/16) & it moved into General Production today out of the paint shop. So def some non-90Ds are currently in production that were ordered in the last couple months.

While I was told otherwise, I'm wondering if my choice to change to P100D has pushed me back a bit. :-/ I asked for Feb delivery in November and now it looks like that will not happen. Much sadness. My car is even red. Can't they cut me some Valentine slack?:p

EDIT: then again, I didn't get my VIN until this year, so... who knows. I think it's best to go hide in a hole until they tell me my car's done.

Based on information posted here, is it possible that the production is based on battery size, not VIN? it looks like the 90D's ordered in the last 2 months are currently in production.

Generally speaking, I think the sort algo is something like:

If Month1 then If Destination = Foreign and (P100D and 1+ months) or (90D/100D and 2+ months) or (60D and 3+ months) Then Production
Else if Month2 then if destination = Domestic-non-CA and (P100D and 1+months) or (90D/100D and 2 months) or (60D and 3+months) Then Production
Else if Month3 then if destination = Domestic-CA (P100D and 1+months) or (90D/100D and 2 months) or (60D and 3+months) Then Production
Else if order > 3months

I'd love data points on orders that violate this model, because I'm a nerd and curious and waiting is literally awful and this is my coping mechanism... :)

I do not remember Tesla ever shutting down for two weeks in December. The TMC deliveries spreadsheet shows activity through all of December 2016 - I see Prod complete dates such as 12/27, 12/20, 12/24 and so on.

I'm looking for some kind of confirmation, but at the time I recall hearing that they were on a shutdown for the time between Christmas and New Years this past season... Admittedly that's only one week, so I should amend my statement. :)

If I look at the spreadsheet, there are only about three entries that completed production in the week between Christmas and New Years. Of those three, all should be considered outliers for the time they spent in production as they represent double the average production time (note that two don't even have a delivery date, so it could just be crappy data...)

None, so far as I can tell, are reported as entering production during that week.