Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm actually VIN425xx, 6 seater, RHD, Australian.
My understanding is overseas orders get produced at the start of the quarter and as the 100D was announced Jan 20, I missed the first quarter cut-off. I was happy about that as it got past the production line shut down and did I mention the matte seat backs ;)

Entirely correct on the "foreign cars = 1st quarter." On the seat backs, mine will be matte as well, and I'm fine with that. I like the look of the piano black better, but only if I know it will hold up for 10 years. I don't know that though, and I feel safer with the matte black. So, I'm with you, Mate!

Hello all. Trading in my S for an X.

Model X100D
Fully loaded except no 22s or charger upgrade
VIN48XXX
Ordered: April 11
Confirmed: April 14
Estimated delivery range in MyTesla: June - Early July

A bit surprised by the latter as the Design Studio at order said June delivery (and still does), and was May until just a few days ago. I suspect they'll want to deliver in June to meet quarter's end? Thoughts anyone?

Hello all. Trading in my S for an X.

Model X100D
Fully loaded except no 22s or charger upgrade
VIN48XXX
Ordered: April 11
Confirmed: April 14
Estimated delivery range in MyTesla: June - Early July

A bit surprised by the latter as the Design Studio at order said June delivery (and still does), and was May until just a few days ago. I suspect they'll want to deliver in June to meet quarter's end? Thoughts anyone?

Where in Canada do you live?

An exciting update!

Confirmed: 3/10
Late April - May Delivery Estimate
DS said today it would be ready "around 4/30", but didn't say if it was in production yet

MX100d
Midnight Silver
6-seats - black
EAP
FSD
20" wheels
Subzero
72amp charger

Can't wait!

And as of this morning, MyTesla shows "Your Tesla is currently in production". Estimated deliver range remains "Late April - may".

Is Tesla starting to get behind in production? I had dinner with friends last night who have an X on order and they said when their order was first confirmed, it showed delivery estimate of late April or early May if I recall. Then they got notice yesterday that it is now a month later. They got me interested in the model 3, but now I am wondering if I shouldn't just go ahead and buy my 2nd choice car (not a Tesla, but still electric). I'm also not sure I want to buy a newly produced car and have to work out all the bugs for them. Still on the fence.

I'm guessing, maybe wrong, that if I place an order, I will be so far behind all the other orders that it could take many months to get the car. That wait is bad news, but maybe good news is that by then, Tesla figures out the problems in a new car.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: geneclean55
Is Tesla starting to get behind in production? I had dinner with friends last night who have an X on order and they said when their order was first confirmed, it showed delivery estimate of late April or early May if I recall. Then they got notice yesterday that it is now a month later. They got me interested in the model 3, but now I am wondering if I shouldn't just go ahead and buy my 2nd choice car (not a Tesla, but still electric). I'm also not sure I want to buy a newly produced car and have to work out all the bugs for them. Still on the fence.

I'm guessing, maybe wrong, that if I place an order, I will be so far behind all the other orders that it could take many months to get the car. That wait is bad news, but maybe good news is that by then, Tesla figures out the problems in a new car.
Have you thought about getting an inventory (already built), or a CPO (same new car warranty)? If you're interested, talk to an Owner Rep. There are a lot more cars than what shows up on the Tesla inventory web site and they can search for what you want. If you can find one you like in your region, they should be able to get it to you pretty soon. I got my CPO in 10 days. It didn't need anything done, just inspect and put it on a truck.

If you go with something other than Tesla, is distance travel an issue? The supercharger network kept pulling me back when I considered others. I want to do a lot of traveling with mine.

• Informative
Reactions: KrenGrl
Have you thought about getting an inventory (already built), or a CPO (same new car warranty)? If you're interested, talk to an Owner Rep. There are a lot more cars than what shows up on the Tesla inventory web site and they can search for what you want. If you can find one you like in your region, they should be able to get it to you pretty soon. I got my CPO in 10 days. It didn't need anything done, just inspect and put it on a truck.

If you go with something other than Tesla, is distance travel an issue? The supercharger network kept pulling me back when I considered others. I want to do a lot of traveling with mine.

Good points. Yet, since I am more interested in the model 3, there are no CPO available as you know. Even so, I have only ever bought new cars and not interested in a CPO for various reasons, but you make some good info. Distance is not normally an issue for me. I'm just thinking that since I want a new car this year, I likely would not be able to get the 3, so starting to think I buy an alternative EV.

is a 'groan'/rub sound on the driver side FWD when opening/closing. I believe this is still somewhat common.

Curious ... is your rubbing point on the trim, as in this photo?
Driver side FWD hinge rubbing on plastic trim VIN 5YJXCDE22HF035xxx_ScreenRes_IMG_5747.jpg

Updates in Red

Ordered: 3/3/17
Confirmed: 3/10/17
Vin: 44xxx
Estimate: Originally Late April-May, switched to April-Early May, back to Late April-May, now 4/23-5/7
Config: 100D, Deep Blue, Ultra White, Carbon Fiber, 20", 7 Seat, EAP, UHFS, Subzero, Towing, HA Charger
(couldn't justify $4.5K for PUP...especially with ultra white, and Tesla will see my $ for FSD once/if they actually get it working)
Trade-In: Trading-in my 2014 Model S P85 with 46K miles using Resale Value Guarantee which is higher than the trade-in value
In production: 4/13
Production Complete Email: 4/18
Delivery Date: TBD

Delivery Location: Bellevue, WA

• Informative
Reactions: gtmike
Updates in Red

Estimate: Originally Late April-May, switched to April-Early May, back to Late April-May, now 4/23-5/7
Config: 100D, Deep Blue, Ultra White, Carbon Fiber, 20", 7 Seat, EAP, UHFS, Subzero, Towing, HA Charger
(couldn't justify $4.5K for PUP...especially with ultra white, and Tesla will see my $ for FSD once/if they actually get it working)
Trade-In: Trading-in my 2014 Model S P85 with 46K miles using Resale Value Guarantee which is higher than the trade-in value

Nice - I bet we'll be on the same truck from Fremont (ca)

**UPDATE** (May help you calculate your delivery progress)
Model X 100D
2017.01.25 — Ordered
2017.01.25 — "Order Complete" Notice
2017.01.31 — 2nd “Order Complete” Notice
2017.02.01 — "Confirmed" Email
Reservation No.: RN421XXXX
Delivery Range (MyTesla): March or Early April
2017.03.07 — Received VIN (MyTesla): (5YJXCBE2XHF041XXX)
Delivery Range (MyTesla): May or Early June (Updated)
2017.04.12 — Asked DS Status — Advised Production next week, Mid May Delivery
2017.04.19 — Email “Entered Production.” (see image)

:)

——————————————
Model X 100D
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
20" Silver Wheels
Ultra White Seats
Dark Ash Wood Décor
Black Alcantara Headliner
Six Seat Interior
Enhanced Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability
Subzero Weather Package
Towing Package

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 11.36.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 11.36.34 AM.png
    578.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Fair enough, but I tend to keep my cars until at least 237,000 miles (the average distance to the moon), and I will wait for the next car to be exactly what I want. I have the luxury of waiting, and not giving up the towing package or the heated steering wheel that I intend to love for a long, long time.

In fact, the only bad aspect to this whole deal is that I am going to have to get rid of my Lexus RX400h -- with 195,000 miles -- way too early. :-(

Reactions: Shopi01 and bonaire
UPDATE: Picking up my 100D on Saturday morning!

Updates in Red

Reactions: JHWJR