Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my Model X 100D from the Montreal SC. It was an excellent experience and I am loving the vehicle.

I drove to the Cornwall Supercharger and back. The Auto Pilot calibrated after 200 kms. It worked very well, my only comment is the lane change is more aggressive than I would like. I truly see the value of it for highway driving.

Tomorrow I will start my journey home, I a, looking forward to the drive. It will require two supercharger stops, a CHAdeMO stop and destination charging to make it home. As I go further east the charging infrastructure is weak.

• Love
Reactions: Paul Carter
So does the end of the Quarter and the start of production of the Model 3 mean they will slow down X production?

I ordered last Saturday, June 17, and was confirmed today. The delivery timeline said August when I ordered, but now MyTesla says August-Early September! They were whipping them out just a couple of weeks ago!

So does the end of the Quarter and the start of production of the Model 3 mean they will slow down X production?

I ordered last Saturday, June 17, and was confirmed today. The delivery timeline said August when I ordered, but now MyTesla says August-Early September! They were whipping them out just a couple of weeks ago!

I'm due to take delivery this Friday. There definitely seems to be more of a push towards the end of a quarter. Personally, I'm dreading any quality issues. In hindsight I would have timed my order for the beginning of a quarter so production wouldn't be in such a rush.

Its Tesla's typical production cycle where the begining of the quarter cranks out vehicles with the greatest distance to delivery (i.e. Europe, Asia etc) and the US orders tend to be backloaded in the quarter, thus the EOQ rush to max out US deliveries. Nothing unusual about your timeline. Tesla is setting expectations and will walk them back as production date arrives and they can zero in more specifically. Congrats @DarrenK , now its hurry up and wait time!! :D

Its Tesla's typical production cycle where the begining of the quarter cranks out vehicles with the greatest distance to delivery (i.e. Europe, Asia etc) and the US orders tend to be backloaded in the quarter, thus the EOQ rush to max out US deliveries. Nothing unusual about your timeline. Tesla is setting expectations and will walk them back as production date arrives and they can zero in more specifically. Congrats @DarrenK , now its hurry up and wait time!! :D

Ugh. That is what I was afraid of. I dawdled in placing my order, fooling around looking at inventory cars, and really agonizing over the premium package. Oh well. I will continue to drive my beater all summer.

75D w/ 6 seat plus rear console. Yes I'm in PA. Sales and DS seemed optimistic that it will get delivered before quarter-end. Still in production. I'll be impressed if they do deliver by month end.

My situation is similar to yours, also 75D with 6 seats, but no center console. I'm in Columbus, Ohio. I talked to my DS yesterday and he said mine is done with production and all inspections. They'll get it shipped asap. He said if it comes in a truck, it'd take only 5-6 days. But if it's by train, it'd take 2 weeks. He's still optimistic about getting it here by 06/29. I hope I get it by then since I'm going on vacation on July 1st for a week

Ordered 05/29
Confirmed 06/04
Production Start 06/06
Expected Delivery 06/25-07/09

Transit goes fast. I think Tesla is highly motivated to get the deliveries in the books for Q2. Mine just arrived at the Dallas SC. We're picking it up tomorrow morning. Order confirmed 5/20 and arrived 6/22. Just over 1 month - not bad. Will report back tomorrow after delivery.
How fast did it take from "in transit" to delivery for you? I really hope we can get it this month haha