Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was notified on 9/4 that car is ready for delivery at end of week (9/8) and available to schedule delivery. Will pick up on 9/15 as that’s was my original target date.

Wow, that's really quick. I'm also in the bay area and confirmed my car on the 17th of August 12:30AM. Would you mind telling me when your car went into production and what config? Mine is an Obsidian Black, 7 seater, 75D with all packages except the FSD.

Wow, that's really quick. I'm also in the bay area and confirmed my car on the 17th of August 12:30AM. Would you mind telling me when your car went into production and what config? Mine is an Obsidian Black, 7 seater, 75D with all packages except the FSD.
I'm not exactly sure when it went into production, as I wasn't paying attention. Configuration is 7 seat non Premium Package Red 100D, 22 inch black rims, EAP but not FSD.

I suspect that you have a good chance of getting the car soon because they can make delivery to you by September 30th...Quarter end is a high motivator for Tesla.

Last edited:
I'm not exactly sure when it went into production, as I wasn't paying attention. Configuration is 7 seat non Premium Package Red 100D, 22 inch black rims, EAP but not FSD.

I suspect that you have a good chance of getting the car soon because they can make delivery to you by September 30th...Quarter end is a high motivator for Tesla.

Thanks for the clarification. I do agree that the end of quarter is a big motivator for Tesla to deliver my car before the end of month, especially when I'm less than 20 mins away from the factory!

No, mine says "Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory." This is starting to become worrying though, I thought all cars built after august has APH3?
All cars produced after August 21 should definitely have the option code APH3 vs. APH2. 'Confirmed and scheduled' is not 'production', that is a confirmed order, which is what it says and stays at after the three day period (in the US, seven elsewhere). The code will flip sometime soon before actual production starts.

Since yours hasn't been build yet, it will definitely have APH2/AP 2.5.

I logged in today and saw a showroom discount applied. Order was confirmed 8/23, but still awaiting production. It's a X75D.

Anyone else see that? I'm not counting my chickens before their hatched....
If the discount is on your 'View Spec' sheet, it's real. I've got the $3500 USD one for the price drop on 100D X's there (as it should be :D ).

I logged in today and saw a showroom discount applied. Order was confirmed 8/23, but still awaiting production. It's a X75D.

Anyone else see that? I'm not counting my chickens before their hatched....

Nice - how much was the discount? Was it a new order or inventory one? Seems to be many variables to determine whether this would be honoured...

All cars produced after August 21 should definitely have the option code APH3 vs. APH2. 'Confirmed and scheduled' is not 'production', that is a confirmed order, which is what it says and stays at after the three day period (in the US, seven elsewhere). The code will flip sometime soon before actual production starts.

Since yours hasn't been build yet, it will definitely have APH2/AP 2.5.

My custom order entered production 2 days ago and still showing APH2 on view spec link code.

Some people are also reporting that this changed to APH3 after production was complete..

My custom order entered production 2 days ago and still showing APH2 on view spec link code.

Some people are also reporting that this changed to APH3 after production was complete..

Ok. That's good to know. I think it will be good for those folks who still has APH2 to email their OA for clarification / confirmation so that there's at-least a paper trail of what is expected.

Ok. That's good to know. I think it will be good for those folks who still has APH2 to email their OA for clarification / confirmation so that there's at-least a paper trail of what is expected.

I'm working under the assumption that there is only 1 primary assembly line (for the AP install) and hardware has been updated to APH3 for the line in general so all vehicles should benefit, regardless whether it shows on My Tesla or not.

Just my working theory of course!

I ordered my Model S 75D on 8/30. Got confirmation on 9/3 (you have 3 days to cancel). I was told originally that it would be ready in October. Then on 9/2 I was told it is possible it will be ready at the end of this month.

Question: I have a VIN but my View Spec does not show that APH2 or APH3 others are talking about. Also, even though it does say I have a Referral Credit of $1,000 there is no mention of the Free Supercharger. Do I need to wait for Production Start to get more information?