Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my X a few hours ago. Wish I never read all the negativity and just enjoyed waiting on it. Good luck everyone else!
We only issues I found were the difference in the alignment of the left front quarter panel in the right front quarter panel. Also there was a slight alignment issue on the hood. Other than that this vehicle is flawless. While driving I did hear excessive wind noise, but it is highly possible that it is actually the ‘absence of an engine to drown out other noises’ noise.

Reactions: Omid23
We only issues I found were the difference in the alignment of the left front quarter panel in the right front quarter panel. Also there was a slight alignment issue on the hood. Other than that this vehicle is flawless. While driving I did hear excessive wind noise, but it is highly possible that it is actually the ‘absence of an engine to drown out other noises’ noise.
Good to hear, i did just hear a little rattle around the driver sun visor on a very bumpy road so I’ll keep an eye on that.

I’m used to an i3 and while this is certainly louder than that, the X still isn’t loud from wind. You may want to check some of the rubber around windows and FWD as I did read about that having kinks here and there.

Congrats on the X

Reactions: Sgadhia
Bbbrown, I just received an email from Kyle and my MX is not being delivered today. He hopes it comes in on Tuesday. I let him know I would not be pleased with a car that’s delivered in 2018 with a vin of 2017. I let him know I would hope Tesla would make it rite with the $7,500 tax credit being removed from the new tax bill and the $20,000 to $30,000 depreciation for the first year of the car. I see some showroom MX deing discounted by as much as $40,000 for a P100D.

Anyway I hope we get out cars this year and not have to deal with negotiations in 2018.

Tony

The 7500 is not being removed from the tax code. Who has told you this?

Congrats everyone who just received their X! It will be a very special Holiday season for all of you.

Still waiting for mine since I ordered it Sept 30 2017. Last time I heard, it won't arrive until February 19.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

I ordered my X100D on October 23 2017 and took deliver on December 15, 2017. The only issue I have with it, is that when using Bluetooth the person on the other end has a hard time hearing and understanding me. I can stream audio and hear them without issue, so it is just on the other side of the line. Other then that, it has been *perfect*.

Bbbrown, thanks for the google sheet info. I uploaded my info into the spreadsheet. I did not see yours...

I received an email from Kyle he is saying I should still be able to get my MX on the 28th. You are welcome to come by and see my car (that is if it arrives). I am scheduled for 9:00 on the 28th. This may change I am going to wait for Kyle to call before I hit the road. Long drive from Palm Springs to Portland to pick up the car. I will need two days drive to get home...

Thanks
Tony
I'm in a similar boat as you ... they originally said that the delivery was 22nd, but that didn't happen and moved to the 27th. Although the DS and the manager said on the 20th that my car has already been build and completed inspection in the factory, they still didn't have the truck to deliver up here in Seattle. They said that my car should be on truck by weekend, but the status page still says "in production", which means that the car is still not in transit .... what's the status of your car in Tesla.com?
My gut feeling is that my car won't be here on the 27th and I'm going to be pissed that I can't get the car before 2018. Especially because based on spreadsheet that there are people who've already got the cars that ordered a long time after mine (Mine is the 100D, so it was promised multiple times to be delivered by end of this year).

I'm in a similar boat as you ... they originally said that the delivery was 22nd, but that didn't happen and moved to the 27th. Although the DS and the manager said on the 20th that my car has already been build and completed inspection in the factory, they still didn't have the truck to deliver up here in Seattle. They said that my car should be on truck by weekend, but the status page still says "in production", which means that the car is still not in transit .... what's the status of your car in Tesla.com?
My gut feeling is that my car won't be here on the 27th and I'm going to be pissed that I can't get the car before 2018. Especially because based on spreadsheet that there are people who've already got the cars that ordered a long time after mine (Mine is the 100D, so it was promised multiple times to be delivered by end of this year).
I hope Tony you are able to get your car on 28 ... I just called my DS about my appointment tomorrow and he told me that the car is still not on the truck yet, and he has no way to push the car to delivery ... he kept saying that he expects the car to leave the factory tomorrow and I should be able to get it on the 30. I’ve told himself much I’m disappointed by this plus the fact that im not sure if I can get the car before the end of year. My confidence level towards Tesla is really low right now! Very pissed!!

I hope Tony you are able to get your car on 28 ... I just called my DS about my appointment tomorrow and he told me that the car is still not on the truck yet, and he has no way to push the car to delivery ... he kept saying that he expects the car to leave the factory tomorrow and I should be able to get it on the 30. I’ve told himself much I’m disappointed by this plus the fact that im not sure if I can get the car before the end of year. My confidence level towards Tesla is really low right now! Very pissed!!
You're lucky. I just received a phone call saying the vehicle won't arrive until March. Seems as though it never actually went into production? SMH.

It was promised before the end of the year. My paperwork stated a 3-4 week delivery time (11/19) as it already had a VIN and was "in pre-production" when we signed the paperwork. Even received a call by Tesla (12/8) where they recommended Home Delivery to "ensure" there weren't any delays scheduling delivery at the service center and to make sure we received it before years end. Garage is wired and ready. Already passed inspection. Accessories are at home. Still going back and forth hoping for a miracle, but not holding my breath.

Atkevin2001, I spoke to Kyle DS at portland and he said the truck now has a driver assigned. He is expecting the MX to be delivered on the 28th late. Ready for pickup on Friday. I told him I will wait here in Palm Springs until it is actually at the SC. It looks like I will be taking delivery on Sunday New Year’s Eve...

So you should get your car delivered on Friday and you should be able to pick it up on Sat afternoon. I would let them run the car through the SC inspection just to make sure it is perfect. You don’t want to have problems with your new ride. That would realy make you upset.

As we are all pioneers on this new electric car venture. This has never been done and its a large task Elon has taken on. He is fighting the establishment on OIL companies. We are all paying for the future of non fossil fuel automobiles.
From what I can tell on forums Tesla goes out of its way to make the cars rite. We just have to have patients. I know how hard that is when we have paid high dollars for a SUV.

Remember we are dealing with a company that has only been in making MS for around 5 years and the MX for only 2 years. I am sure they are having great growing pains dealing with the M3. Elon pushes his teams very hard to deliver. I am sure every time he gets on stage and says they are going to make another model and deliver it in two years his teams jaws just drop to the floor. NO WAY... they think.

Bbbrown did you get your MX?

Thanks
Tony

F7765472-7B9E-4FE9-A91F-0DCE29D5DD16.jpeg
DF1FE561-2417-4034-911B-B043E1500CF7.jpeg
You
77270FAA-F0E0-45EE-B71C-9C6DFA224D5A.jpeg
Ordered 10-26
Confirmed 10-29
In production 11-27
MyTesla CHANGED to “In Transit” 12-14 2:00pm EST
Delivered 12-22 @2:00pm

Last edited:
Reactions: bbbrown
Boonedocks, that is one sweet looking ride... Love the 22” turban wheels. Congratulations and that’s a great Christmas gift to yourself.Black on black looks so nice.

I am scheduled for delivery New Year’s Eve... I was supposed to get mine tomorrow 28th. Delays in truck drivers has pushed mine out.

Thanks
Tony

My MX has been sitting at the factory completed waiting for truck from 12-18-2017.
I have seen every YouTube video on the model X and reviewed just about every forum read the manuals.
I have the new Tesla Jacket purchased a spare charger, got the floor mats delivered also the window screen. All I am missing now is the car. Haha

Thanks
Tony

Atkevin2001, I spoke to Kyle DS at portland and he said the truck now has a driver assigned. He is expecting the MX to be delivered on the 28th late. Ready for pickup on Friday. I told him I will wait here in Palm Springs until it is actually at the SC. It looks like I will be taking delivery on Sunday New Year’s Eve...

So you should get your car delivered on Friday and you should be able to pick it up on Sat afternoon. I would let them run the car through the SC inspection just to make sure it is perfect. You don’t want to have problems with your new ride. That would realy make you upset.

As we are all pioneers on this new electric car venture. This has never been done and its a large task Elon has taken on. He is fighting the establishment on OIL companies. We are all paying for the future of non fossil fuel automobiles.
From what I can tell on forums Tesla goes out of its way to make the cars rite. We just have to have patients. I know how hard that is when we have paid high dollars for a SUV.

Remember we are dealing with a company that has only been in making MS for around 5 years and the MX for only 2 years. I am sure they are having great growing pains dealing with the M3. Elon pushes his teams very hard to deliver. I am sure every time he gets on stage and says they are going to make another model and deliver it in two years his teams jaws just drop to the floor. NO WAY... they think.

Bbbrown did you get your MX?

Thanks
Tony
My apt is for tomorrow at 11:00 but Kyle said it may get pushed to Friday. He is going to let me know. So close now. My husband somehow has an eagle eye for spotting trucks loaded with brand new teslas on them. It was on I205 with a lot of X's on it. Hope this time it has ours on it!!!

Good luck with all of your driving in the next couple of days!

I would appear I'm in the same boat as bbbrown and Tony17MXred22". My MX in Portland was originally scheduled for a delivery of 12/26 and it's now been pushed to Saturday due to the same shortage of truck drivers. I also received the same message that a driver has been assigned and it should be delivered early on Saturday and I should be able to pick it up later that afternoon.

I'm not working with Kyle, but I am very excited to hear about your deliveries happening about the same time as mine. I wish you both the best of luck and I'm hoping that this does not get pushed again. Now if only there was a way to track the actual truck :)

Reactions: bbbrown