Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hadn't heard from my DS on my trade-in appraisal appointment. The tentative delivery date was Monday 9/11, and it would be handy to know the cash to close. Just emailed this morning and received an auto response:

Thank you for your email. Due to the current volume of delivery appointments and inbound emails my responses will be delayed. If your request is urgent please call our office 503-xxx-xxxx opt. 4 for Delivery or opt. 3 for Sales if we are hosting appointments and aren't able to reach the phones.​

Thank you for your understanding,​

Hadn't heard from my DS on my trade-in appraisal appointment. The tentative delivery date was Monday 9/11, and it would be handy to know the cash to close. Just emailed this morning and received an auto response:

Thank you for your email. Due to the current volume of delivery appointments and inbound emails my responses will be delayed. If your request is urgent please call our office 503-xxx-xxxx opt. 4 for Delivery or opt. 3 for Sales if we are hosting appointments and aren't able to reach the phones.​

Thank you for your understanding,​
9/11 is Monday (3days from now). I would assume they would be infant of this if a trade in is involved. when does he want to do the appraisal? Monday morning?

Latest "What's next" your tesla is undergoing preparation for delivery. No email back from DS. Assumption is he is busy.

Attachments

• IMG_0938.jpg
    IMG_0938.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 72
My DS returned my email tonight @8:30. I'm on schedule for delivery Monday @2:30PM!
My normal/original DS had to go on leave as his wife had a new baby earlier than expected. My new DS has 2X the workload which explains the automated reply.
WOOT!

I purchased a custom order X100D on Sept 1. The DS there said to expect a delivery by end of Sept.

I got assigned a VIN 68xxx on Sept 5 with a delivery estimate of late Oct to Nov.

On Sept 8, the delivery estimate change to late Sept to Oct.

Just got a call today (Sept 10) from DS saying due to the demand, they wouldn't be able to meet the end of Sept delivery. Damn! However, they did find a brand new X in inventory that just came off the line a few days ago with the same specs (VIN 65xxx). Snagged it and will get it by the end of Sept and came out to be a couple grand cheaper too. Yay! Can't wait! View specs shows APH3 and BTX6

I purchased a custom order X100D on Sept 1. The DS there said to expect a delivery by end of Sept.

I got assigned a VIN 68xxx on Sept 5 with a delivery estimate of late Oct to Nov.

On Sept 8, the delivery estimate change to late Sept to Oct.

Just got a call today (Sept 10) from DS saying due to the demand, they wouldn't be able to meet the end of Sept delivery. Damn! However, they did find a brand new X in inventory that just came off the line a few days ago with the same specs (VIN 65xxx). Snagged it and will get it by the end of Sept and came out to be a couple grand cheaper too. Yay! Can't wait! View specs shows APH3 and BTX6
That better not be mine! J/.K...I hope.

Mine just went into production as of 1:40 am. woohoo! Confirmed on August 17th 12:30am. Code has not updated to APH3 yet. It seems that Tesla is optimizing orders to start production earlier for those that are further away. When you're close like me, in the bay area, they can start production later to hit higher delivery rates for end of quarter.

Hi Everyone!

Great news, we have confirmed our order on a MX 75D! It is already here in MA, so we were able to check it out in person! The car had the exact spec we were looking for, except for 22" Wheels, and the preferred grey exterior on black vegan (interior). We are so terribly excited, and am very grateful to the vast information we learned from this community. Not to mention, the members that reached out and shared such great advice and tips.

Specs of the car are below!

Before making the deposit, I confirmed with my OA that this car was manufactured in JUN/JUL, and has the newer motors that results in the faster 0-60. Can anyone help confirm this, my vin ends with: HF050xxx

Solid Black Paint Included
20" Silver Wheels Included (Looking to upgrade this soon)
INTERIOR White Ultra White Seats
Included Carbon Fiber Upgrade
Front Console Included
Black Alcantara Headliner Included

OPTIONS
Enhanced Autopilot
Premium Upgrades Package
Smart Air Suspension Included
Premium Sound
Subzero Weather Package
Six Seat Interior with Center Console

Last edited:
Nice spec. Enjoy your new toy. It's a great car.

Hi Everyone!

Great news, we have confirmed our order on a MX 75D! It is already here in MA, so we were able to check it out in person! The car had the exact spec we were looking for, except for 22" Wheels, and the preferred grey exterior on black vegan (interior). We are so terribly excited, and am very grateful to the vast information we learned from this community. Not to mention, the members that reached out and shared such great advice and tips.

Specs of the car are below!

Before making the deposit, I confirmed with my OA that this car was manufactured in JUN/JUL, and has the newer motors that results in the faster 0-60. Can anyone help confirm this, my vin ends with: HF050xxx

Solid Black Paint Included
20" Silver Wheels Included (Looking to upgrade this soon)
INTERIOR White Ultra White Seats
Included Carbon Fiber Upgrade
Front Console Included
Black Alcantara Headliner Included

OPTIONS
Enhanced Autopilot
Premium Upgrades Package
Smart Air Suspension Included
Premium Sound
Subzero Weather Package
Six Seat Interior with Center Console