Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometime in the last couple of hours, estimated delivery changed to September 20, 2017 - October 4, 2017. Status still shows currently in production. Seems to be track with ~8 days in production and ~2 weeks for delivery?

Got an email yesterday morning asking me to submit payment for my car. I immediately sent email to my local DS and he confirmed my car had arrived. This morning my local DS informs me that there is a small dent above the center logo on the rear lift gate and that it will take 2 weeks to fix. And if I don't like the repair, I can order another one from the factory.

Anyone else experience this??

Got an email yesterday morning asking me to submit payment for my car. I immediately sent email to my local DS and he confirmed my car had arrived. This morning my local DS informs me that there is a small dent above the center logo on the rear lift gate and that it will take 2 weeks to fix. And if I don't like the repair, I can order another one from the factory.

Anyone else experience this??
Eek! Interesting they are willing to dump the car to inventory and give you a new one over a 'small dent'! We've heard a lot worse and seen people have to take the car (repaired).

Sounds like someone opened the liftgate into something hard, or vice versa, but what could be that hard to fix?

Okay, my Model X just got switched to "Your Tesla is currently in production" tonight. DS said two days ago that it had begun production, but the website didn't reflect the change. My order was placed on 8/20 and confirmed on 8/23. I am hoping for delivery by the end of September (in Houston, Texas). VIN Number 678**. Can someone clarify this question I had? If I take delivery a Fremont factory, which fee will be waived? Also, how much will be waived, and does that mean I can get my car earlier?

Okay, my Model X just got switched to "Your Tesla is currently in production" tonight. DS said two days ago that it had begun production, but the website didn't reflect the change. My order was placed on 8/20 and confirmed on 8/23. I am hoping for delivery by the end of September (in Houston, Texas). VIN Number 678**. Can someone clarify this question I had? If I take delivery a Fremont factory, which fee will be waived? Also, how much will be waived, and does that mean I can get my car earlier?

I asked my DS this question before and was told you will not get the transportation fee waved.

MX75D Order placed 8/26 and confirmed 8/29. Just went in to production yesterday(9/13) with expected delivery saying Late September - October. Mine shows APH3 and BTX5. Since it just went into production, do you guys think getting the car delivered by end of Sep is still realistic?

MX75D Order placed 8/16 and confirmed 8/19. Just went into production yesterday(9/13) with expected delivery saying Late September - October. Mine still says AP2, they can't be installing AP2 this late into production? Right? Hope to get mine by end of Sept, they will hold CarMax offer until the end of the month.

Just reserved a brand new inventory Model X 75D for the palindromic numbers $88k and VIN 68086! I knew it was good karma when I got a search alert with the magical numbers and then saw that the car matched exactly my spouse's desired configuration (deep sea blue exterior with interior ultra white premium package and 6-seat configuration so we can take advantage of the pedestal seats which work great for two child seats in 2nd row -- not possible to fold those for access to 3rd row with new 7-seat bench interiors). Custom builds were showing November delivery but this gets us into the 0.99% end-of-quarter financing window. I reserved it immediately and got a call within one minute from Tesla to followup -- turns out the car just rolled off assembly line in Fremont a few days ago and is now ready for delivery prep and I will pick it up in person, no delivery fees. I was looking for latest VIN to take advantage of the previously premium features which are now standard, plus this has new drive unit DU00 and they verified it will be uncorked for new 4.9s 0-60mph spec. Thank you so much @HankLloydRight and EV-CPO.com!!

Just reserved a brand new inventory Model X 75D for the palindromic numbers $88k and VIN 68086! I knew it was good karma when I got a search alert with the magical numbers and then saw that the car matched exactly my spouse's desired configuration (deep sea blue exterior with interior ultra white premium package and 6-seat configuration so we can take advantage of the pedestal seats which work great for two child seats in 2nd row -- not possible to fold those for access to 3rd row with new 7-seat bench interiors). Custom builds were showing November delivery but this gets us into the 0.99% end-of-quarter financing window. I reserved it immediately and got a call within one minute from Tesla to followup -- turns out the car just rolled off assembly line in Fremont a few days ago and is now ready for delivery prep and I will pick it up in person, no delivery fees. I was looking for latest VIN to take advantage of the previously premium features which are now standard, plus this has new drive unit DU00 and they verified it will be uncorked for new 4.9s 0-60mph spec. Thank you so much @HankLloydRight and EV-CPO.com!!
Great find! Just curious, does it really say 'Deep Sea Blue'? Because as far as I can see, it's Deep Blue Metallic (like my car, see sig). If you want to *call* it that, more power to you. :D

Hey, soon to be owner of a Model X bought from existing inventory. Was about to order a new build but they found one with our exact spec only 2 weeks away with a discount over ordering new so we just decided to go with that. It's VIN is 649xx, not sure when that indicates it was made. According to the options decoder site it has APH3 and BTX6. Does this mean it has the latest Autopilot 2.5 hardware?

Hey, soon to be owner of a Model X bought from existing inventory. Was about to order a new build but they found one with our exact spec only 2 weeks away with a discount over ordering new so we just decided to go with that. It's VIN is 649xx, not sure when that indicates it was made. According to the options decoder site it has APH3 and BTX6. Does this mean it has the latest Autopilot 2.5 hardware?
It does... APH3 is the new 'AP2.5' hardware! Congrats on finding one already built with what you wanted!