Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, website says I’ll get my car Oct. 3-17. Ordered 8/20. Anyone think delivery to the Texas area will happen on Oct 3? Production started 9/11.

I ordered a 100D... ~8 days in production and ~5 days in (rail) transit to Austin... Seems to take at least a few days once it arrives at destination to inspect the car and do a proper QA. Anything longer probably means something is getting adjusted or repaired.

My DS just told me today that my car will probably be delivered by the end of the month. When he starts asking to call you, does that mean you are close to delivery? The website says Oct 3-17, but my DS told me today the car already finished production and is on the way to Houston. Anyone think delivery is possible by the end of the month? The way my DS worded it "As of now, it looks like the car is going to be ready for delivery by the end of this month" Ordered 8/20 Production started 9/11

My DS just told me today that my car will probably be delivered by the end of the month. When he starts asking to call you, does that mean you are close to delivery? The website says Oct 3-17, but my DS told me today the car already finished production and is on the way to Houston. Anyone think delivery is possible by the end of the month? The way my DS worded it "As of now, it looks like the car is going to be ready for delivery by the end of this month" Ordered 8/20 Production started 9/11
Mine called me with a delivery date about ten days out, since they had a schedule for when it would arrive. So, they have the shipping date and scheduled arrival, and they can set the date for you from all that.

In my case, that was trashed by weather and train bottlenecks in the ‘Irma zone’ that we’re still recovering from, but in a normal case, they should be able to schedule you a delivery date a week or so out.

Three weeks should get to you if no issues.... :D

And, I finally have a new delivery date for this weekend! Looks like they got the 'stuck' cars reshipped/on a new carrier, who knows. Car is arriving tomorrow PM, and delivery is now Saturday. Be interesting to hear where the ten days went (originally it was supposed to be in Tysons early last week!).

And, I finally have a new delivery date for this weekend! Looks like they got the 'stuck' cars reshipped/on a new carrier, who knows. Car is arriving tomorrow PM, and delivery is now Saturday. Be interesting to hear where the ten days went (originally it was supposed to be in Tysons early last week!).
Congrats, This is good news. I am still slated for Monday, I can barely focus on anything else at the moment

My delivery date was just advanced from Tuesday to Monday as my X is on I-90 east crossing into NY on the way to Boston - only an 8 8 hour drive... Tempted to hop in my car and meet it half way. Still hoping I get a call Saturday asking if by chance I'd be available to swing by and pick it up early... Chances are slim I know...

I got a text last night from my DS about possibility of a pick up next Saturday 9/30. Status for delivery went from Late Sep - Oct to Oct 3 - Oct17 and now Sep28th - Oct3rd. Also my status shows car is in transit.

Ordered 8/26
confirmed 8/29
Possible delivery/pickup 9/30.

#Deep Breath... I guess I am getting my introduction to Tesla. The honeymoon is over
After getting everything ready and a scheduled delivery for 10am Monday, as i was cleaning out the garage, I got a call from a rep at Tesla. And he is telling me my car got damaged in transport. They can't fix it and give me as new, so right now he is looking at inventory for something similar that meets our specs, or we might have to do an expedited delivery. Another downside is, the New cream seats we ordered are not readily available in inventory, and I don't want the black leather. I am disappointed, but I also understand these things happen. Would have just rather it didn't happen to me. Now it seems I might be resetting my timelines all over again. Also, the car it is replacing is gone, and I am now carless.

#Deep Breath... I guess I am getting my introduction to Tesla. The honeymoon is over
After getting everything ready and a scheduled delivery for 10am Monday, as i was cleaning out the garage, I got a call from a rep at Tesla. And he is telling me my car got damaged in transport. They can't fix it and give me as new, so right now he is looking at inventory for something similar that meets our specs, or we might have to do an expedited delivery. Another downside is, the New cream seats we ordered are not readily available in inventory, and I don't want the black leather. I am disappointed, but I also understand these things happen. Would have just rather it didn't happen to me. Now it seems I might be resetting my timelines all over again. Also, the car it is replacing is gone, and I am now carless.
Eek! I would definitely not settle for the ‘wrong’ thing in inventory. You’ll be driving it for a long time!

Mine is right now being gone over and I’m hoping I don’t get one of those phone calls! The delay may have been that mess in Chicago where a train load of cars allegedly ran out of power (or something) and I’m hoping there aren’t any issues like you had.

Best of luck and hope they can get you on the road with no issues (like with the loan or other side effects!).

Eek! I would definitely not settle for the ‘wrong’ thing in inventory. You’ll be driving it for a long time!

Mine is right now being gone over and I’m hoping I don’t get one of those phone calls! The delay may have been that mess in Chicago where a train load of cars allegedly ran out of power (or something) and I’m hoping there aren’t any issues like you had.

Best of luck and hope they can get you on the road with no issues (like with the loan or other side effects!).
Thanks, I am definitely not going to settle. But what a curve! still not sure how we are proceeding. Waiting another 7-8weeks is something i can't even muster the courage to think about right now. it was a loooong 7 weeks.