Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are in Texas. As policy, they didn't ship from Fremont until payment is made in full in the past. How was your car shipped without payment in full? And by holding it through end of quarter, your full payment is logged in the financials as "Customer Deposits". It helps boost the C.D. number and I would suspect others in Texas have the same "quarter-overhang" experience. Ask around of others in your delivery center when you eventually take delivery. Get a loaner "today" in order to let you experience some form of resolution.

The car reached the service center before I even sent a check. They really need to make it clear on the MVPA that doing an ACH will take a week longer. On the MVPA, it says “and electronic check is the easiest way to pay for your Tesla.” That doesn’t sound right.

Reactions: Rossy
The car reached the service center before I even sent a check. They really need to make it clear on the MVPA that doing an ACH will take a week longer. On the MVPA, it says “and electronic check is the easiest way to pay for your Tesla.” That doesn’t sound right.

Your best bet to resolve is to contact Fremont and talk to a regional manager or someone above the people you are working with. However, perhaps, the upper mgmt might have suggested downstream to "hold through end of quarter" for the reasons I mentioned. Protecting their business can include making the Customer Deposits line item in the financials larger at quarter end. As a captive customer (who either has paid a non-refundable deposit or a full payment) you have less leverage than if you had paid by personal check "at delivery". This is also another reason why I see Tesla making so many inventory cars ahead of custom orders - since custom orders are non-refundable and you're not going anywhere.

Ask them a few questions. Which earnings line item did you ACH 100k go into for the end of quarter results? Accounts Receivable? Customer Deposits? And since the car is paid for and certain to deliver, did they count it as a sale for Q3?

I bought a car for a family member in 2016. Paid with personal check on Saturday and drove off with it. I asked them not to deposit it until Tuesday when I could transfer funds into the account. They let us have it and didn't deposit the check for those few days. Tesla also did 1-week test drives in Europe recently. I have to wonder why they kept your car through end of quarter on the ACH...

Last edited:
Easiest way for Tesla... :D. They then have your money. I specifically asked if a personal check was okay, and my DS said sure. (Of course it was ‘only’ $10K USD.)

My DS didn’t even allow me to write a paper check. He said “service centers don’t accept checks.” I didn’t even bother ask him if I could post date a check if checks aren’t allowed.
Lol.. I can send you a pic of my canceled check... As usual, no consistency...

I wanted to see the car before I gave them the rest of the money.

You are in Texas. As policy, they didn't ship from Fremont until payment is made in full in the past. How was your car shipped without payment in full? And by holding it through end of quarter, your full payment is logged in the financials as "Customer Deposits". It helps boost the C.D. number and I would suspect others in Texas have the same "quarter-overhang" experience. Ask around of others in your delivery center when you eventually take delivery. Get a loaner "today" in order to let you experience some form of resolution.
I took MX delivery Friday of last week in Dallas and I made the payment(Cheque) when I went to pick up the car. Before that the only payment I made was $2500. .

White MX with VIN 65XXX

Ordered 08/07/2017
Confirmed 08/09/2017
Enter production around 09/13/2017
Earliest deliverable date 09/29/2017
Took delivery on 09/30/2017

Issues found:
Pinched hole on FDW leather trim
5mm+ gap on FDW wood trim.
rattle from front passenger door over rough surface.

300+miles in 3 days and I am a happy owner.

Reactions: Rossy and boaterva
So, updating y'all on the car(s) stuck in the southeast because of weather delays (probably freight train bottleneck because of Irma?), my DS now says he is waiting for my 'Model X to be assigned a new transport load.' Which should happen in the next 24-48 hours. I have no idea if that means a freight car will be moved/expedited, or if automobiles are to be moved to a car carrier (truck), or WTF.

It's been in transit since Labor Day (September 2, to be exact!), so, this is interesting. He said he has a few others in the same boat, so may only be cars destined for Tysons. I have no idea how large one train of cars is.
Any word? Have you received your X yet?

Can someone who has cream seats describe them? Are they really light (almost white) or are they more tan. Kinda regretting not going with the white seats. I hope the cream matches with midnight silver metallic.
Lighter than the old tan, not as screaming bright as the white. Tons of pics around. Here’s some of mine: New Cream Interior