Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All I can say is that Tesla Rocklin were great.
They were excited to see you excited!

Pics of the new baby!

9UfA_nzK1T0aiRWS2sLRN04QV0DsB8bmZZv5nPP5dMxif9AJzp6bTYCYPEo5oMC8jEuB5E8mc3NEw5vKqyV7LxsU8aKkpLZWZs4VCqXQ4YfsnZyhcuDHjPoTCYspshDRdnfKAJ9aNKbpk440TE9GQEvBS_LcGP-gsiVP2v--TzWvTP4V_G2xoGxa9b5Ky2uxf4AsoJ9lqdvrv1roZmrIo7eLnEnyf54APE8e4kg1_xRVul4TjcjBbghjPsCTWcZI1ZxZYExisADN7QZ39FDVQl8Em-Pl25yoBp7B2sYG7_23Uq7Gs7SIEnQdtXNVMvrrCenrJ3HY8f_tizLSVPob7pQ1aBQTWdS4CNnmZevQaCRIdsnTX7Mb3SJaOSvw3zU5lIpkBtDY7RaReLabY_Js11zUlWt6z-IQKlkWT7s3JwUtuqTrbr2yzD3EV4-NKejMKADKDWP_QXnS7qJOG_cLQ3Y7tCv-3XTqDkgeRnO537JuRHCeiIH3fI7jB3AupYdx2F29NqzNYLCY0w3JwGQ9bi_9BHDGjfUJtH9jbn2YnUBrTXV1IUW_mpTs_NNfkcgXu5NgATz6oc29QfhBYFl6rLVInHGBGzia28wmM9fD_vM=w1130-h848-no

xZM-VBMsGTtZ4fGtoWQWVODDXSYCPdE_r87vnUsb6cFQtf7-sin-MC66sSPrv3fHyKpvhrRlKNNKZ2Zc4PGqCWI5mEDaXyHzvKpMQOzckn4DzjqRX9vOrqPWtiXDtw2NncW9DPMuLN0M39UXtv3YbBIAx7wWhp4RvoS3c9efL2-gz7tGk3D5_ZzzxmdzRJxfIkUEkMW44BI-04ZOL4cOm9ErpdggPsI8WNVlrvH1BRZ3AOxKowsAsKzdB0jIf1okEqfbr5ECG4KJnFlNA_fNIsZp19rOxfb27LEBYH4MB8oaO1UQ-nPwomg-c8tZjomLw028J7n9VbpEmwyRxdI4OiDeFlj0NimhsEOsaErxBTCAx1ecPGFhSTZChmcna7wdQKMIMjmO8mxOkUe4LdgxEHwDtbizJEVmJpZoGL1u-Z4_WaYLme5Bbc_MdyfUgn2FuPI0JQbVZ7oOg5pwqFom4qzXNfOvWJvXyaE8g1EWiv3Ya7qMO2siEb0iZVE_NBc7ufYJ5su1RvBlcj9YkclO4h2wgKoyCAgxhZqqbkXDqChqwD_KMYqBt-Wsp1AoGgTeK68k6gtqjhKOVvInZF1C5axXtXXaOiQWykPP03C_Uzs=w1130-h848-no

CtkLEKsGbS9HGXyZyOishzxSXq__Wpj6vDKW0_fnWUZXfFV-KkzHGLO8fY0c81ZBclB144r7oTUanls538PGy7oL0wotDqaj19QBXXifNtkhYSgAnnXpzXOVj_gjf8SkFW58awK_XStM4rIV9K59pTK-rAwop38KLRh-XJxwCj1Wtuh_mSnejenencHUxezEe0_p_j8CRqGAP6NssKc5U-GebGiPKeUNh5bjaQjSyBlUuMJsRSVMuyVy2XwrBh4Yh-rhR01yoiPTNjiXC4wm-fH41hiKBA0V-WEm_H9B15411CycmfYn84CjLRts5EoE4xY0IbgxZ0X2t33wUrWhOtY5uQsl1Sa3G7CksG8yZYa4DKT7pYqyz_MhLUSq6TAm9AiHW1L396vaC9f0v2bBhvcqH2LUFbX5tbzBZM7LmMNOgq9eGgj2QTYHF9jiRHqiE9AoNdywPQsuLeLwltkWM3QndbKpdGqIO9TkxnJBvgDZU-ofQW39i9qUogZ-iq9vKvcedkHujVfs30WtmbZWwrJWjrZl8CXoKv11rLtPSbCdyf6BJUtAg9ucqc4xKlVMOXa_w4Z-Nu4Rl7yKnqpbIKUVSSbhwo_ekuiR6YJE_jc=w1130-h848-no

I hope that quality is not compromised. Though their reputation there is not the best. :|
Yea thats the ultimate goal for me too. It would be quite disappointing to take delivery after all this time and then spend more time with the service center to get things fixed, just to be able to say “hey we delivered before the end of the year!”

I asked my DS about the website updating, and i got a canned response:

“Due to the recent changes of estimations from our production team, your myTesla will not update to reflect a delivery date. Production timing is fluid and constantly changes, but we are still on track for delivery by the end of this year.”

The previous email said 12/20, now “by end of this year”. further lamenting the fact that they really don’t know what’s going on in production. Or even worse, they do know, but think its in their best interest to not share any details with the buyer.

Yea thats the ultimate goal for me too. It would be quite disappointing to take delivery after all this time and then spend more time with the service center to get things fixed, just to be able to say “hey we delivered before the end of the year!”

I asked my DS about the website updating, and i got a canned response:

“Due to the recent changes of estimations from our production team, your myTesla will not update to reflect a delivery date. Production timing is fluid and constantly changes, but we are still on track for delivery by the end of this year.”

The previous email said 12/20, now “by end of this year”. further lamenting the fact that they really don’t know what’s going on in production. Or even worse, they do know, but think its in their best interest to not share any details with the buyer.

Well I couldn't imagine doing my job with a bunch of people bugging me about status updates all the time. I'm guessing they will have some smoking deal for you if they can't deliver your car by a few days before year end.

Reactions: bonaire
Another update, website has now reflects “my tesla is now in production” as of yesterday. DS also emailed me this morning:

“Tesla has passed through the body line and is now in the paint factory! Delivery estimates that the factory has given me hasn’t changed so far.“

Can’t imagine 4 days paint is enough, is it? And then there’s another pass for final inspection from what I’ve gathered around here. Any other steps I’m missing after paint?

Reactions: DoubleDownOn9
3676C2A4-ADE7-4E7A-92B3-C7EA31C7EB2C.jpeg
2017 MX 100D Red / Cream / Carbon / 5 Seat
22” Black Turbine Wheels / Auto Pilot / Premium Package

Ordered 11-24-17
Confirmed 11-27
Vin #794_ _
Production dates 12-4 through 12-15
Shipment 12-18 through 12-23
MX delivery scheduled for 12-28

I am excited to get my new ride... I hope it goes through the quality control before my pick up. I dont want to be the QC inspector...

I have owned many cars (I own 10 cars presently) this is my first electric car and I hope I am not disappointed. I am looking forward to driving past all the gas stations and waving at all my old friends $$$ the gas pumps. Most of my other cars get around 17mpg average. The reason I got an X is I have two Beagles that I take with me everywhere. I figured this would make a good DOG wagon.

The above photo is not my new ride however it should look something like this. Different wheels...

When we take delivery my wife and two dogs will be driving from Portland back to Palm Springs Cal. This should be an exciting first trip. I hope we do not have problems in our maiden trip. It is a little strange to plan our trip around charge stations rather than miles traveled per day. With my dogs I need to stop about every 3-4 hrs anyway to walk them so the recharge stops should not be that bad. As far as I can tell it looks like people try to drain the batteries as low as they can. I suspect this is because the charge time with a low battery is faster when the batteries are low and you dont have to charge to 100%. It sounds like getting the last 20% of a battery takes a long time. I am thinking I dont want to be less than 15-20% when I re-charge. I dont want to run out of juice...

Thanks
Tony

Reactions: kiwiguy
Got the call we all have waited for this morning, “Your model X will be ready for pick up tomorrow morning”.

I’m definitely excited to pick up tomorrow, but also a little cautious considering the fact that i had just called the OA (she wasn’t available) about 15min before getting the call from my DS...ah well.

I did also go the the store again this afternoon, since its been about 60 days since i’ve actually sat in a MX and wanted to go through the check list with the showroom unit and ask some no brainer questions in the showroom to save more time to focus on other things tomorrow with my new car. This was actually really helpful and i got confirmation on the stuff i should expect in my car tomorrow (charging cable, top windshield sunshade). We also walked through charging the car and handling the Tesla charger. Again, i’m sure these are things that we’ll go over again tomorrow, but now i’ll at least be able to breeze through the stuff we’ve covered.

And most importantly, after about 2 months of reading all the stuff that could go wrong with my delivery, i’ve once again got that feeling of excitement after sitting in the car for myself!

Mine 100D 7 seaters started production on 12/7 ... the site still says in production but my estimated delivery is this Friday 12/22 ... I emailed my DS this Sunday and he hasn't replied yet ... I'm going to call him and see what's going on in the morning ... it's very frustrating!!!

Mine 100D 7 seaters started production on 12/7 ... the site still says in production but my estimated delivery is this Friday 12/22 ... I emailed my DS this Sunday and he hasn't replied yet ... I'm going to call him and see what's going on in the morning ... it's very frustrating!!!

If you can visit the office, that is one way to get a definite answer. I was in the same position and when I went to the office they could actually check the GPS location of the vehicle which showed it was still sitting in California.

My appointment was set for 12/15 though site was saying still in production. Now it appears the vehicle is actually on it's way and the website now shows "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory." So it should definitely be delivered and ready for me for my new appointment on 12/29

Bbbrown, i dont see my MX red with 22” wheels on the trailer. My delivery is supossed to be this week. Maybe mine was the one they had already removed. I can hope.

Thanks for the photo and I hope yours is on the trailer.

My DS is Kyle he is very good at getting back to e about updates. This is the strangest purchasing experiance i have had with a car. Its almost like waiting for delivery of a child i guess. Hard for me to say i dont have any kids. However the excitement builds evey day you get closer to delivery. Excited, yet hopeful the baby/car is healthy when it arrives.

Tony

If you can visit the office, that is one way to get a definite answer. I was in the same position and when I went to the office they could actually check the GPS location of the vehicle which showed it was still sitting in California.

My appointment was set for 12/15 though site was saying still in production. Now it appears the vehicle is actually on it's way and the website now shows "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory." So it should definitely be delivered and ready for me for my new appointment on 12/29
I was able to get the attention from the delivery manager and he said that my car has been built and passed inspection. They are now waiting for truck to load it on ... they expect it to be assigned around afternoon tomorrow. So I'm not going to get it Friday, but should be able to get it mid next week. Still a bit disappointed, but at least I'm able to get some info today.