Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My appointment is set for tomorrow at 10 am. 100d. Vin 794xx. Order confirmed 11/21
It seems like certain cars are taking longer. My first guess. Is that they are pumping out the 100s because they sell for more and I assume people that buy the 100s are adding more options Which all equates to more earnings for this quarter. However that could all be a guess. So my other thought it that they paint so many of each color and then he next group of that color waits their turn

December 20th, at 11AM... that is a truck making a delivery to the Costa Mesa center in S. California. And.... that is our X100D that we are picking up.

It has been 1 week, and we have enjoyed the car very much. Today I finished installation of the Tesla charger on a 100Amp circuit - just confirmed that it was pulling 72Amps @ 240V as advertised.

Attachments

• 20171220_105129.jpg
    20171220_105129.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 20171220_105225.jpg
    20171220_105225.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 20171220_105944.jpg
    20171220_105944.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 88
I am suppose to be picking it up at 11. As I'm pulling into the store at 10:50am I got a call from DS saying he needs another 30 mins to an hour on the car. They seriously packing these deliveries way too tight.

Sure enough. We had our X delivery Friday 12-22 at 2:00pm We live about 50 miles away from the Service Center and the Christmas traffic exodus had already begun before we left. Maps said one hour to get there. By the time we were already showing an hour late for our appointment I called to alert the Delivery Center. Response back..that's okay we are still over hour and a half from having it ready. I am glad we were late because my wife would not have been happy if we had to sit around the show room for 2 hours with anxious kids waiting for her new car to be cleaned up.

Congrats John in LB. The wait was finally over. How did you like the delivery process? I have never been able to look a car over like they let you at Tesla. Most dealers just give you the keys and maybe sink your phone up. This looks like it should be a great experience as long as they can be on time.

Thanks
Tony

Just picked up mine in Costa Mesa , so cal. Looks like they are doing about 5 per hour while I was there and they are planning to be there through Sunday . There were equal numbers of all three body styles
My second referral was picking up his S an hour after me

I didn’t check the paint as we focused on the interior and the doors but everything seems fine. They were curious to see the checklist but knew they existed . Ironically neither my original contact or the guy doing the walk through knew about playing music from a USB so They wanted to see how it worked

Attachments

• E8F991B5-72FC-41FC-8B0B-C49C669DAA5E.jpeg
    E8F991B5-72FC-41FC-8B0B-C49C669DAA5E.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 83
Congrats Toddl, I love that dark gray color.
I am glad to hear you finally got your MX.

That is nice to hear the model 3’s are rolling out. Its pretty important they get those out on the road. There has been a lot of pressure to perform on Tesla to get that car to delivery. Do you know how many 3s they are producing now? Anywhere near the 5,000 they expected? I know they pushed the ramp up out till March now for the 5,000 per month production.

Looks like your wife is happy to have the MX also.

Thanks
Tony

Zimownage, sorry to hear about the scratches. Thats a bummer i am sure Tesla will take care of it. Ask for a p100d as a loaner when the fix your scratches.

Glad to hear the fit and finish on the other hand looks good.

I can not wait to get mine. Three more sleeps.

Thanks
Tony

Pics?

It was hectic day I didn't take much. Also I told them not to detail the car thought I was going straight to detailer but now I gotta wait for them to fix the scratches and possibly repaint the trunk lid. Overall though it's 100% worth all the hassle. Amazing car.

P.S. I see everyone's car inside with a bow and at least a name tag and stuff inside the delivery center but delivery here are outside the parking lot and it was 11 degrees today -_-

Attachments

• MVIMG_20171228_121426.jpg
    MVIMG_20171228_121426.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Thanks ToddL... The delivery process was very nice - Three people from Tesla were involved, showing my wife (and I... ) all of the features. I had gone over the checklist the night before and mentally used it to go through the whole car; it was very helpful. The car was in very good shape, they had to note that we are supposed to get a tow hitch; which will happen in a couple of weeks. We were there for approximately 3 hours.

I have taken delivery of a MBZ in Stuttgart some 15 years ago - I would say the MBZ experience was even more impressive than the Tesla - just more hoi·ty-toi·ty... I also do not think the fit and finish is as good as MBZ; but the application of wizbang technology, the electric drive and the design is far superior in the Tesla.

Subsequent to delivery, I had a couple of questions. I called the delivery group and they where very quick to investigate and respond - so I would say the delivery process is very good.

ToddL: Congratulations on your new car!

Regarding your question: "...have you checked the fit at a super charger"... I am not sure what you mean - I have only charged the car at home.

I am curious how you managed to swing getting a second referral? My owner advisor assisted me with 1...

By the way, I had several other pictures of the Xs on that delivery truck we were following - unfortunately, none of those cars look like yours (there is 1 gray, but had a tan interior).

John,

I heard that one of the issues is that people are having trouble plugging into the super charger stations . Mine plugged in at home fine last night but I will head to a supercharger in the next few days just to make sure

Regarding referrals., two of my partners also bought model s’s. Ironically they both picked them up yesterday as well

The only thing I have noticed so far is that one falcon door sits a little higher than the adjacent front door . However that could be the rubber molding and I am not sure anyone would notice except I was trying to be as critical as possible

Bbbrown thats great. That means my MX is also there in portland. Yaaaa.

My wife and two beagles are leaving palm spings this morning headed back to portland to pick up delivery on sunday morning.

Two more sleeps.

Tony

I second this, congrats Bbbrown and pre-congrants Tony. This means mine should also be in Portland and hopefully today I receive confirmation my delivery is on Saturday and not moving again. Exciting times for those of us waiting!

Reactions: bbbrown