Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 White Model X for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't help you with the dealer part. I see this frequently, not just on Teslas.

I chose to buy a used 2017 Tesla MX with half the original warranty gone.

How did you buy a 2017 with half the warranty gone? It's only March 2018!? Or did you buy a car with 25k miles?

Anyway, everyone gets to make their own decisions, and I guess there's enough people with your value set to keep the market where it is. Surprising that Tesla completely bucks the depreciation trend.

GLWS to the OP!

And that is going away soon, so if you are buying new you better do it now.

Well, it's likely going down in about 6 months, but not away. Still, until it's gone, why would anyone buy a used car today not factoring in that they can just click on the Tesla site and get it?

I guess the couple month wait must be a huge factor, although Tesla has inventory cars.

Yeah, if the price difference was that, it would make sense. But you can buy a brand new one with a new MCU, free supercharging, one more year of warranty, cold weather package, and zero miles for $112.5. This one is $103. So the difference is under $10k.

Good for the OP and others if they are selling at that price. I just have no idea why people are buying them at that price.

There's a dealer that has the exact car I want, with 5,000 miles, and after having it for a month and 3 price drops they still want $1K more for it than you could buy it new. So weird. I guess everyone just forgets that every Tesla is actually $7,500 off sticker new.
Price reduced to 99k