Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 X 100D - 2nd owner - how do i know i have "full tow package" and not hitch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks - took possession of a 2017 X 100 D just yesterday! It has the 2" hitch receiver on it but discovered after that there is no tow mode in the software. How do i know for certain that the right "trailer" hardware is properly installed vs. just some accessory hitch for bikes/skiis. Previous owner said he had it installed by SC just last year but never needed to tow so he didn't really have much detail (he used it for bikes). He recalled paying 1600 for upgrade but wasn't sure - below are a couple pics of the bar part i see underneath. Is this the full 5000 lb trailer hardware? he also has the wiring hardness that came with it and the little square kit.

Assume the SC may have just forgotten to enable the Software?

upload_2020-11-30_21-23-1.png

upload_2020-11-30_21-23-23.png

This is the tow package not sure why u don’t see in software but u should have tow mode ..earlier Xs had an accessories hitch option but yours is the full tow hitch

checked other thread - sounds like that could be my issue..
This is the tow package not sure why u don’t see in software but u should have tow mode ..earlier Xs had an accessories hitch option but yours is the full tow hitch

upload_2020-11-30_21-47-54.png

ok sweet that is the confirmation i was looking for. I looked up the part number that was on that part and it brought me to this ebay page with the full bar. So assume this puppy can tow 5000 lbs:) i asked the original owner if he could lookup the receipt / service record and will call SC to get it sorted in the SW.

Tesla Oris Electrical Tow Hitch Bar 17-20 Trailer Hitch Oem 10057987-001 | eBay

Reactions: P85_DA