Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone update to 2018.10.1 that had the battery louvre open/close issue on the previous firmware and can verify if this update fixes it? Waiting for the update myself and will follow up if/when I get it.

Here’s a quick/short video from my phone... sorry for the bad audio, but you can still hear the sounds I was trying to capture.

• Informative
Reactions: fseir
Hadn't been paying close attention. I would check tonight, but I droppedthe my car off this morning for PPF, tint, etc. When I get it back later this week I'll check.
Actually that is probably better. You can check via the app. When my car was getting ppf/tint, it was control test they parked it inside and it was away from phone, so removed two variables that could cause vampire drain. That is how I isolated it to the software.

I have 2018.4.9

Does the update roll out to everyone at the same time? Where can you see that the new update is available?

Updates definitely don't go out to the entire fleet simultaneously. With any update, any smart company would do an initial limited release to prevent a catastrophic bug from paralyzing everyone. And then do staggered rollouts for bandwidth considerations. Given that there aren't a ton of Model 3s out in the wild yet, it shouldn't be long before everyone is on the latest.

Car will notify you, as will your phone if you have the Tesla app.

Updates definitely don't go out to the entire fleet simultaneously. With any update, any smart company would do an initial limited release to prevent a catastrophic bug from paralyzing everyone. And then do staggered rollouts for bandwidth considerations. Given that there aren't a ton of Model 3s out in the wild yet, it shouldn't be long before everyone is on the latest.

Car will notify you, as will your phone if you have the Tesla app.
Some have suggested that if you park your car at a SC, and connect to their wifi, you might get the update? But I guess the M3 doesn't connect to wifi yet, so no way to test that at the moment.

I wouldn't mind a firmware roll out similar to how Apple handles iOS upgrades -- let the user decide when to download. Then those of us that are eager early adopters could download right away (possibly at our own peril), and those that are more timid (or smart), can wait. Or, maybe ask for volunteers to test new firmware releases? That way, they could limit negative press, since anyone suffering through a bad release, would be doing so of their own volition.

Last edited:
Some have suggested that if you park your car at a SC, and connect to their wifi, you might get the update? But I guess the M3 doesn't connect to wifi yet, so no way to test that at the moment.

I wouldn't mind a firmware roll out similar to how Apple handles iOS upgrades -- let the user decide when to download. Then those of us that are eager early adopters could download right away (possibly at our own peril), and those that are more timid (or smart), can wait. Or, maybe ask for volunteers to test new firmware releases? That way, they could limit negative press, since anyone suffering through a bad release, would be doing so at their own volition.
It does connect to WiFi at the SC.

• Helpful
Reactions: T-Will and fseir