Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.10.5 Arrived

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is not true. It only unlocks on the driver's side, I've tried it myself to be sure after reading that in the manual and indeed, the passenger side will not work with the card. From the manual:

"Card readers are located on the driver's side door pillar and on the center console."

I'm sort of surprised that they "cheaped" out on that. It means that they have to have a different B pillar for RHD countries.

Reactions: T-Will
Now my 3’s AP drives like MS. However, it did something crazy today. While I was passing an overpass, car slammed on the brake. No cars were in front or next to me. Only thing was the shade created by the overpass. It was a sunny noon. Maybe camera got confused by dark shade area? I also felt bad for the driver behind me. He probably said, what an idiot. Doesn’t even know how to drive.

Mine just did the same thing tonight. 8:00 PM ( Dark ). The Autopilot sensed an overpass and braked hard. No traffic behind me but will report the bug. Had the AP on for less than 1 mile when it occurred.

Mine just did the same thing tonight. 8:00 PM ( Dark ). The Autopilot sensed an overpass and braked hard. No traffic behind me but will report the bug. Had the AP on for less than 1 mile when it occurred.

It sounds like it needs to be trained to recognized where overpasses are, similar to AP1. Does it brake hard the next time you go under the same overpass?

Wouldn't it be nice if you could always report unusual EAP behavior by tapping a few menus to capture the last 60 seconds of sensor and log file data, zip it up and transmit it to the mothership? Seems like a good way to have Tesla quickly ID problem areas.....

You can click the right scroll wheel to activate voice commands and say "bug report" then follow with a description of the problem. It tags the logs so if you request further troubleshooting they already have the log locations.

Hmmm, interesting. I’m picking up my M3 on Saturday, and asked my ISA to request the delivery center push 10.5 to my car. Now I’m kinda hoping it’s still on 10.1 when I get it. :confused:

They said there would be an update coming out soon. I suspect new deliveries will get the update as well as those on 10.5. Then the older versions will be updated.
I have a friend taking delivery tomorrow. I will see what version he gets.

• Informative
Reactions: T-Will and fseir
Noticed this morning that I was used to walking up to the car, unplugging the wall connector, and then getting in. But that sequence will no longer work since I now need to open the door first and then unplug it. Not a huge deal, but a change.

Ok, I'm replying to my own post here, yes. I just tried to show my wife the "push the door handle in a little to tickle it" method of unplugging the wall connector from it and now pressing the charge connector button unlocks the car. I tried it multiple times when I first encountered the issue and could not get it to release without opening the door. Now, I've tried several times and it unlocks every time.

Am I taking crazy pills here?

Can someone else that also noticed the connector remained locked in try it to see if the behavior changed for you? Is that even something that CAN change without a software update?

Ok, I'm replying to my own post here, yes. I just tried to show my wife the "push the door handle in a little to tickle it" method of unplugging the wall connector from it and now pressing the charge connector button unlocks the car. I tried it multiple times when I first encountered the issue and could not get it to release without opening the door. Now, I've tried several times and it unlocks every time.

Am I taking crazy pills here?

Can someone else that also noticed the connector remained locked in try it to see if the behavior changed for you? Is that even something that CAN change without a software update?
I was having same problem as you were, but I can try to replicate tonight. Did you make sure your car was in a deep sleep first? It may work if it’s partially awake.

Only if it worked 100% of the time... and it doesn't.
I now have the new firmware too and my IPhone 7 still isn't playing nice with my 3. Sometimes the car opens with the phone in my pocket and sometimes not. And now after getting in the car it is a crap shoot if the main screen will ask for the key card or not even though moments earlier I used the phone to get in the car.

This smartphone key is about the dumbest solution to a nonexistent problem I have every heard of. Key fobs admittedly are overpriced for their limited functionality (my wife lost one and it cost nearly $400!) but at least they work consistently.

Got my Model 3 today and installed the 10.5 update as soon as I got home. The “about your Tesla” screen shows that I have 10.5 now but it also says “Software Update Required, Contact Tesla Service”. Not sure why this is displaying. Waiting for a customer service person on their 800 number now to see what needs to be done. Anyone else experience this? I did the reboot with the two wheel buttons but the message did not go away.
9471CF13-7E42-453F-9650-8E3386FC1555.jpeg

Reactions: Kipp