Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.10.5 Arrived

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if it's because mine is still calibrating (just picked up today), but TACC works and I tried using it at 45mph on a local road. Headed toward cars at a stoplight that it wasn't tracking was pretty uncomfortable and I used the brake before I found out how close it wanted to get. I'll revise if it changes once it's fully functional, but I'd be careful for now pulling up to stopped cars! (S/X people reported this was much improved on their end)

Edit: 10.5 software installed right before pickup.

I know we're all adults here, but that is really not what TACC is for. One of the known (and warned about) limitations of TACC is it may not be able to sense stopped cars if the car in front of you changes lanes.

I know we're all adults here, but that is really not what TACC is for. One of the known (and warned about) limitations of TACC is it may not be able to sense stopped cars if the car in front of you changes lanes.
Yup I was just testing it out due to S/X owners reporting that it works now. Wasn’t doing anything dangerous! Plenty of room to stop without even using brakes (just regen until the final little bit). Figured people would want to know!

Reactions: Boourns
This was posted in another thread in the Interior & Exterior subforum but it's just too damn cool so I'm linking to it here for those here that may not venture into that subforum. @SigNC used a FLIR camera to take photos of the rear seats with the heating elements on. Nice to see that the rear backrests are also heated (except for the middle seat): Warm seats

Very happy with this update! Solves my two main issues: crappy rear camera, and car constantly unlocking/waking up when I sit in my office (which is next to the garage).

The rear camera is no longer stretched out vertically, so the quality appears to be much better (due to lack of stretching and higher dpi in the smaller display space). It also quite clearly has some aggressive HDR in place now. (Bright areas on the ground are no longer blown out, but completely visible, without making the shadows any darker.)

And unlocking the rear seat heaters was a nice touch.

I wonder if we're getting another update this weekend with the maps?

• Informative
Reactions: Wolverinegeoff
I got the update and took the car out for a drive to check out the auto-pilot behavior change and yes, it feels quite different, especially the lane changes. One thing happened while I was out that I had not experienced before. It may just be coincidence so tell me if this is not new.

I was driving with AP on as I passed a large truck (18-wheeler). The truck was in the lane to the left of me and as I passed the truck it drifted just a bit toward me. Not enough to be a threat but a noticeable "wobble" I guess. The Model 3 cut down the music and let out a long loud beeeeeep with red lines showing around the left rear of the car icon. Continuous tone, not the beep-beep-beep of the frontal collision alert. I've never heard that continuous beep before and never experience a side warning from the 3, but I've also only driven it for a couple thousand miles. Is this new or has there always been a side warning tone?

I got the update and took the car out for a drive to check out the auto-pilot behavior change and yes, it feels quite different, especially the lane changes. One thing happened while I was out that I had not experienced before. It may just be coincidence so tell me if this is not new.

I was driving with AP on as I passed a large truck (18-wheeler). The truck was in the lane to the left of me and as I passed the truck it drifted just a bit toward me. Not enough to be a threat but a noticeable "wobble" I guess. The Model 3 cut down the music and let out a long loud beeeeeep with red lines showing around the left rear of the car icon. Continuous tone, not the beep-beep-beep of the frontal collision alert. I've never heard that continuous beep before and never experience a side warning from the 3, but I've also only driven it for a couple thousand miles. Is this new or has there always been a side warning tone?

Always.

Something similar happened to me today while on AP, but the car two lanes over to my right moved so that he was now one lane over to my right and just a car length ahead, and AP thought he was going to go into my lane so it slammed on the brakes, probably went from 70 to 50 in a split second.

Felt so bad for the driver behind me.

Happened twice today on the drive home, finally had to shut down AP. Very disturbing.

Hoping they can get this fixed. It managed to stay between the lines fairly well, no ping ponging.

My M3 has the 2018.10.5 update.

Got the update today as I arrived home. I was previously on 10.1, so the only thing I was looking to test was AP. Just took it out a bit ago around my neighborhood and onto a couple city streets with 45 MPH speed limits. It is definitely better. I don't have an S or X to compare it to, but I'm assuming we got the same NN update(s) they did. The one thing I didn't test was changing lanes, but I will do that tomorrow.

I'm jealous of you guys getting these updates. I seem to be two or three updates behind with being still stuck with 2017.50.13. Anyone else still with this version? (I have gotten updates before with the car in the garage so cellular coverage isn't the problem.)

Call Tesla. I had the exact same situation, called them yesterday. They did something on their end and I got 2018.4.9 a couple of hours later and 2014.10.5 today.