Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.10.6?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sandollars

I bleed Cardinal
Feb 19, 2018
So Cal/So UT
My car is in Service due to a malfunction that rendered the car undriveable. Apparently they are making progress because I just got a notification from the car that Software was installed successfully. It is 2018.10.6. Anyone know anything about it?

I have MCU2

Service just called me, said that they updated the software in car and are now doing a full reset of the systems after which they will perform an "extensive" test drive. If all goes well they said there is one more update to install and then they will give me the car back.

We think 2018.10.6 is the version that brings the most updated NNs, Neural Nets, to the cars with the new MCU which improves the EAP performance significantly.

I sure hope so since I just installed the 10.6 update on my week-old S75D. It was pretty clear that the last version (10.2) did not have the new NN and improved EAP performance. Once it quits raining I'll get out and test the AP.

S75D delivered last week with MCU2 and 2018.10.2 - notified this evening that 10.6 was ready to download. That was at 9pm and the estimated completion time was 1hr 50 minutes. I just went into the garage to check on it at 9:30pm and it was done. I don’t know the reason it went much quicker than predicted, but maybe it’s MCU2 or perhaps my wifi is faster than average? I will check out the differences in 10.6 in the morning.

S75D delivered last week with MCU2 and 2018.10.2 - notified this evening that 10.6 was ready to download. That was at 9pm and the estimated completion time was 1hr 50 minutes. I just went into the garage to check on it at 9:30pm and it was done. I don’t know the reason it went much quicker than predicted, but maybe it’s MCU2 or perhaps my wifi is faster than average? I will check out the differences in 10.6 in the morning.

Updates usually take much less than it says