Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.10.6?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got off the phone with Tesla support as I have not been able to connect to wifi. They said almost all the TMS manufactured after Feb 2018 have had this issue with the new MCU. The 2 scroll wheel reboot doesn't work on mine, and when I asked him if I had the latest Maps update he said he couldn't read anything related to the center console on my car, all related to the new Intel (instead of AMD) MCU. Said to wait for a new firmware upgrade or they may call me to visit the service center. No fix as of yet. Only had the car for 3 days - grrrr!
lol, my service guy has been scratching his head for the wifi issue since yesterday, he is working with their software engineer to figure it out. they were debugging the linux in my car now. damn, how did it pass their QA?

How do you summon with the key fob?

Hold the middle button until the emergency flashers come on, then push either the front or the back button to move the car forward or backward. It will move until you push the front or back button or the sensors detect an object too close. You may have to update the Summon options from the main screen to allow close objects and disable the option to have to continuously hold the button. And the car can move up to 25 feet or something close to that. I can't remember what it said off the top of my head.

Picked up MX on 3/30 vin 89xxx with new MCU. 2016.10.6 pre installed. Took about 45 miles before AP kicked in. AP seems to work fine, lane change smooth. I tried almost all features and everything seems to be working. WiFi wasn't able to connect at 5GHz but worked fine after steering wheels reboot. FM, Streaming, Nav everything is working fine since past 4 days. Summon is kind of flaky, it takes my MX to half the garage then stops (possible because I have a steep entry for garage at about 30 degree, will test somewhere where garage is straight). Let me know if you guys think of anything that I missed and is not working will try to test ti.. btw, this is my first Tesla. And, yea installed IRO dash cam on first day, quality is acceptable if someone is looking for dashcam. on eday they sell for $250 ships from china (ships fast), I offered 185, but guy counter offered 200 + 15 shipping.. I bought that. Perfectly blends with car interior, looks factory setup.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
Hold the middle button until the emergency flashers come on, then push either the front or the back button to move the car forward or backward. It will move until you push the front or back button or the sensors detect an object too close. You may have to update the Summon options from the main screen to allow close objects and disable the option to have to continuously hold the button. And the car can move up to 25 feet or something close to that. I can't remember what it said off the top of my head.

Thanks I appreciate the info!

Update for me — stopped by an SC today and they did a “hard reset.” Everything is now functioning normally — WiFi, Bluetooth, and even double scroll wheel reset is now working. My car also just updated to 2018.10.12 tonight.

Same here. Wifi hasn't worked since I bought the car last Saturday, just says it's initializing - always! Can't reboot via the scroll wheels, and Summon doesn't work on the FOB or the phone app, I think I need to take this to the SC and have them do a real reboot.

I have turned off the car via the E-Brake menu and waited a few minutes each time. Put my foot on the brake to boot it back up and I hear noises each time I've done this, but the screen and car are still off and unresponsive. It only all comes on when I open the door. This definitely needs a hard reboot to the system and possibly the latest firmware update that came in tonight - but not to my car - yet.

I have a 2015 85D and the SC just updated it to 2018.12.
Haven't noticed any changes though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180405-122127.png
    Screenshot_20180405-122127.png
    743.5 KB · Views: 55
Had a new (235 miles!) 100D loaner the last couple of days. It has 10.6, but new nav update (which is indeed a noticeable improvement).
Came out after work to drive to the SC to retrieve my car and was presented with the black IC. No reboots of either the IC or MCU possible. Drove “blind” down to the SC and the SA confirmed they’d have to pull the 12V battery to reset.

Got in my car this afternoon after work and my Bluetooth device list completely empty when it was just working this morning. Scroll wheel reboot also stopped working as well. Also tried to do summon from the phone app without any success. Currently running 10.6 and hoping to stop by a SC on the way to work tomorrow to get them to do a 12V hard reset.

Well, I just got into my car and the screens came to life then went blank a moment later. The gray reboot screens with the Tesla logo came up on both screens after a few seconds. And magically my FM radio began working for the first time since last Saturday. There was no software update. I'm still running 10.6. I'm assuming that Tesla pushed a reset/reboot. I'm not sure. I wonder if it's just a fluke and the radio will stop working again.

Update for me — stopped by an SC today and they did a “hard reset.” Everything is now functioning normally — WiFi, Bluetooth, and even double scroll wheel reset is now working. My car also just updated to 2018.10.12 tonight.

OK so I spoke too soon. The day after I updated to 2018.10.12, I started having same issues again. Wifi not working, double scroll wheel reset not working, internet and LTE connectivity is poor. Can't stream music or look on internet. anyone else having the same issues? Hoping they fix this soon, it is irritating having to drive all the way to the SC every week to reboot and have the same issues.

For those that can not do the scroll wheel reset. Can you do a POWER OFF from the main screen (I think under Controls / Reset). Would that not reset both screens similar to the scroll wheel reset (and the IC reset as well)?

Yes I've tried to do that, however it doesn't seem to actually reboot anything -- issues are still the same when I do that.