Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 100D for Sale - Salvage Title

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018 Tesla Model S for sale. Built December 2018 loaded with everything but self drive. Looks and drives like new. It has a restored/salvage title. The salvage damage was confined to the left front wheel and needed new control arms and shock. no damage to motors, battery or body. 43,000 miles and has 317 miles of full charge range. Special black paint with black interior. $55,000. Own a like new model S for half the new price. [email protected]

Reactions: ElectricIAC
You’d think if Supercharging were enabled it would be in bold in the post. That would be the biggest selling point. Since any mention of supercharging was left out, I’m assuming the OP was trying to sell this to someone who wouldn’t think to ask.

you should also state that Tesla will NOT allow supercharging with salvage title vehicles, they block the VIN.
It has supercharging. Tesla is taking legal risk not allowing supercharging. This car has been inspected and licensed by the state and found to be road worthy. It gets updates from Tesla and has had service at a Tesla service center.

There are exceptions.
There's not - or at least the public presentation from Tesla is that there are no exceptions. I can see MAYBE an older model s getting away with it but from my experience it's only a matter of time before Tesla catches the salvaged VIN and disables the super charging gateway. So far they haven't been so ruthless as to disable DC fast charging period, but who knows.

For ALL salvaged Tesla cars a buyer should assume no super charging and plan accordingly to enable CCS fast charging or live without anything more robust than high level 2 charging until Tesla changes their policy.

IMO any person selling a salvaged Tesla needs to be super clear on this because of all the confusion and hearsay around the topic. If a salvaged car can super charge then the seller needs to provide proof it is formally supported and not a 3rd party root or patch. Some folks just don't want to deal with roots or patches and that's fine.

• Funny
Reactions: buckets0fun
It has supercharging. Tesla is taking legal risk not allowing supercharging. This car has been inspected and licensed by the state and found to be road worthy. It gets updates from Tesla and has had service at a Tesla service center.
As a salvaged title model 3 owner I would love to know how you got Tesla to approve this. I have asked two service centers now about having my car inspected and re-approved for Super charging and they refuse. They are happy to service the car, but they wouldn't even inspect the HV system for factory warranty restoration on the battery. I really don't understand how some of these salvaged cars are using super charging with Tesla's consent.

If more comfortable, please PM me how you've done this and how I might be assured super charging would stay with the car when it transfers ownership and is titled in another state.

• Funny
Reactions: buckets0fun