TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2018.12 for Model 3?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by URFIR3D, Mar 30, 2018.

1. URFIR3D

URFIR3D Member

Someone posted these release notes over in the Model S forums: Firmware Update 2018.12

Can anyone confirm actually getting this version on their Model 3? It seems ev-fw doesn't show it in the TM3 secion, but I wonder if that's because it's already listed under Model S and it assumes the same version would not be on both vehicles so the count is going under the S...

To be fair, no one else has confirmed these release notes since they've been posted.

2. kwest2

kwest2 Member

Hope the wheel works for standard CC as well, instead of just TACC.

• Like x 1
  3. rhaekar

rhaekar Member

No update for me yet.

4. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

TeslaFi firmware tracker has 145 vehicles with .12, none of them are M3's

BTW those release notes indicate that the new navigation is only for the MS/MX

5. run-the-joules

run-the-joules Active Member

boingggggggggggggg

ELON PLS GIEV, etc

6. Nurkbonis

Nurkbonis Member

I'm still on 2018.4.18.

Have had my Model 3 for one week and this is firmware it came with and I've had no updates yet. I know there are newer versions out there on model 3s with features I'm looking forward to (90mph auto emergency braking, rear heated seats, etc.) Anyone else with a Model 3 still waiting for that update?

7. URFIR3D

URFIR3D Member

I got mine 2 weeks ago with 2018.4.9, still no updates :(

8. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

The Model 3 is already using the new navigation...

• Like x 1
  9. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

Is that true? Elon has been hinting about the awesome upcoming nav overhaul and your saying we've had it all along just look at the 3? That seems like it would be a bit anticlimactic ...

10. run-the-joules

run-the-joules Active Member

Yeah I've been looking at the article on electrek and going "wait didn't they already have this stuff? We certainly have"

• Like x 1
  11. URFIR3D

URFIR3D Member

I mostly want the scroll wheel AP stuff.

• Like x 1
  12. MP3Mike

Yep, I suspect that the Navigon system didn't work well with the single 15" screen. (Not to mention they wanted to do things that Navigon didn't support.)

13. Geo1688

Geo1688 Member

Same here. Have my car for almost a week. Had an update notification pop up on my phone 2 days ago but apparently was pulled from the car. Haven’t had an update since.

14. Bodefett

Bodefett Member

you can call your local service center and they'll remotely queue the 2018.10.5 update

I called in to say that my homelink wasn't syncing and that the help desk said the fix was in 10.5, so they (service center tech) pushed it to my car remotely.

• Informative x 1
  15. RubberToe

RubberToe Supporting the greater good

I called and stated I was having the "phone as key" issue, and asked for a push. After a short wait they came back and said that they were pushing the fix out as fast as possible, but couldn't push it out to my car specifically on request. They did confirm my workaround of turning bluetooth off/on when by the car, and then the car is able to unlock. She made it sound like I will be getting it pretty soon.

RT

16. URFIR3D

URFIR3D Member

People have been saying that update 10.5 got pulled. So not even sure what the latest build they're putting out is at this point.

Also, ya, I've been hearing different things from different people. Some SCs say that they can't push out an update to a car and simply wait till you get it normally, others do push it out. I don't really know why there's a discrepancy and don't like it. We're not dealing with dealerships here, they should all be the same.

17. seattlite2004

seattlite2004 Active Member

So...with these OTA Updates...they push to the car and its not a pull from the car? Why can't everyone just pull?

18. MP3Mike

• Like x 1
  19. MP3Mike

The car does pull it. But the car can only pull what has been assigned to it. Tesla doesn't release the software to the entire fleet at the same time. (Not to mention that not every configuration gets every update.)

20. URFIR3D

URFIR3D Member

Because everyone would pull at once and the network would be crippled. They push them out little by little to make sure the network can handle the traffic.

• Like x 1