Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.12 for Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone posted these release notes over in the Model S forums: Firmware Update 2018.12

18.12 Release Notes:

Model 3: Steering wheel button updates For your convenience, we've updated the functions of the scroll buttons on the steering wheel. The right scroll button now lets you quickly adjust Traffic-Aware Cruise Control settings. To increase or decrease the set cruising speed, roll the right button up or down. To adjust the follow distance between you and the vehicle ahead, press the right button to the left or right. You can still adjust these settings from the touchscreen and press down on the button to activate voice commands.

The left scroll button now lets you adjust your Model 3 side mirrors and steering wheel. Start by tapping the Controls icon on the bottom left corner of the touchscreen and then tap Quick Controls > Adjustments

To adjust the mirrors, tap Mirrors and select the LEFTor RIGHT mirror icon. Then, scroll the left button up or down, or press it left or right.

To adjust the steering wheel, tap Steering Wheel and scroll the left button up or down, or press it left or right.

Model S/X: North America Only Introducing new Navigation (Beta)

Whether you’re on your daily commute or heading out to a new destination, you can rely on Navigation to give you the fastest route and provide more accurate estimated arrival times. It will route you around traffic jams and guide you through complex maneuvers when required.

If traffic conditions change and there’s an alternate route that will save time, Navigation will automatically reroute you. As with the previous system, you can control how aggressively Navigation does this: just indicate how much time an alternate route should save by adjusting the setting in CONTROLS > Settings > Apps > Maps > Navigation > RE-ROUTE IF IT SAVES MORE THAN

Navigation prevents you from missing turns by giving you a clearer view of upcoming maneuvers. More responsive guidance prepares you for complicated intersections or multi-lane interchanges. Each turn and highway exit that you should take is clearly labeled in blue, whereas cross-streets or highway exits that you will pass are labeled in black, to help you monitor your progress along the way. In addition, guidance and labels match real-world road and highway signs wherever possible.

As you get closer to a maneuver, the instrument panel view will zoom in to provide greater clarity and, if necessary, will highlight the lane (or lanes) that you should be using. This makes it easier to see how close you are to the turn, the cross streets that you’ll pass, and which direction to take.

We welcome feedback about the new Navigation Send email to [email protected], or press the voice commands button on the right side of the steering wheel and say "Note," followed by your comments

Can anyone confirm actually getting this version on their Model 3? It seems ev-fw doesn't show it in the TM3 secion, but I wonder if that's because it's already listed under Model S and it assumes the same version would not be on both vehicles so the count is going under the S...

To be fair, no one else has confirmed these release notes since they've been posted.

I'm still on 2018.4.18.

Have had my Model 3 for one week and this is firmware it came with and I've had no updates yet. I know there are newer versions out there on model 3s with features I'm looking forward to (90mph auto emergency braking, rear heated seats, etc.) Anyone else with a Model 3 still waiting for that update?

I'm still on 2018.4.18.

Have had my Model 3 for one week and this is firmware it came with and I've had no updates yet. I know there are newer versions out there on model 3s with features I'm looking forward to (90mph auto emergency braking, rear heated seats, etc.) Anyone else with a Model 3 still waiting for that update?

Same here. Have my car for almost a week. Had an update notification pop up on my phone 2 days ago but apparently was pulled from the car. Haven’t had an update since.

you can call your local service center and they'll remotely queue the 2018.10.5 update

I called in to say that my homelink wasn't syncing and that the help desk said the fix was in 10.5, so they (service center tech) pushed it to my car remotely.

I called and stated I was having the "phone as key" issue, and asked for a push. After a short wait they came back and said that they were pushing the fix out as fast as possible, but couldn't push it out to my car specifically on request. They did confirm my workaround of turning bluetooth off/on when by the car, and then the car is able to unlock. She made it sound like I will be getting it pretty soon.

RT

People have been saying that update 10.5 got pulled. So not even sure what the latest build they're putting out is at this point.

Also, ya, I've been hearing different things from different people. Some SCs say that they can't push out an update to a car and simply wait till you get it normally, others do push it out. I don't really know why there's a discrepancy and don't like it. We're not dealing with dealerships here, they should all be the same.