Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.12 for Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I picked up my car I remember the WiFi logo and assumed it was just that, hard-coded for the SC. The idea of making a wifi connection at home that it connects to is good, I know they have a BIG sign when you walk into the store that says what their SSID and password is. I remember the password ends in 123456, and the SSID probably has the word Tesla in it. Anyone have the details written down?

-Randy
That's 'Tesla Guest', the WiFi for guests (e.g. folks waiting for their car in Service). About a year ago I was at the local SC (Rocklin, CA), and a customer was trying to connect to her car from her cell phone which was on the WiFi link. Couldn't get through - the traffic appeared to be blocked. Disabling WiFi on the phone (forcing cell) solved the problem. So, that would suggest that the service / delivery folks would not be using the same SSID for anything involving a car.

That said, I had my Roadster in for its annual maintenance today, and was able to connect to the car through OVMS. Different protocol, of course, but perhaps they've changed WiFi controllers?