TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2018.14.13, car feels faster?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by jerjozwik, Apr 25, 2018.

1. jerjozwik

jerjozwik Active Member

so i just picked up my car for window motor / sway bar links / power conversion module / soft suspension service bulletin. they also performed a tire rotation.

i had been driving a S85 rwd loaner so i dont know if it is the effect of coming back to my 3 or did it get a speed boost with the new software.

on my way home i was regularly [audibly] spinning my tires when accelerating at ~30mph. is anyone else running that version? seems we dont really have a software update tracker thread in the 3 subforum.

...just curious!

2. dgaultiere

dgaultiere Member

If this is really true then I'm excited for that update! :D

Do you really mean that you are spinning your tires or just chirping them? Does it feel any faster from 0-30? That's where I feel the car is the most held back currently.

3. Fusion

Fusion Member

Maybe your traction control is broken now...:rolleyes::p

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  4. dgaultiere

dgaultiere Member

Anyone else have 2018.14.13 and able to comment on this?

5. mtndrew1

mtndrew1 Member

Went from .7 to .13 the day after I picked up the car and it feels the same to me but of course I didn’t have a whole lot of experience with the car prior to the update.

Stupid fast before and after.

6. dgaultiere

dgaultiere Member

Any tips on how to get 14.7 other than waiting and crossing my fingers?

7. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

You can take your car in for service.. Parking near the service center no longer works... Usually the techs will push the latest update along with any service

• Informative x 1
  8. jerjozwik

jerjozwik Active Member

sooooo, after spending more time with the update... im going to disappoint you all.

i think the detail team put a bit too much tire shine on after the car wash because im not getting the same audible wheel slip anymore.

• Funny x 9
    • Informative x 1
  9. Brentt

Brentt Member

I have 2018.16.1 and this thing is fast! It will easily spin the tires at 20-30 mph. That is until traction control kicks it :)

• Like x 1
  10. dgaultiere

dgaultiere Member

Are you suggesting 2018.16.1 is faster than previous updates? Also you are now two whole updates ahead of me!

11. Brentt

Brentt Member

I couldn't tell you about earlier updates because I just Picked up my car this week
    It appears the motor is capable of more than the tires can handle and is software limited.

12. dgaultiere

dgaultiere Member

Yeah tesla’s traction control is aggressive. Electric motors product 100% torque from a standstill so they would annihilate the tires without serious traction control. It would be nice if Tesla offered a sport mode or track mode which allowed a little bit more wheel slip for spirited driving though!

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  13. harcocjh

harcocjh Member

This is probably why the car feels limited from about 0 to 20. After 20 it is plenty quick. The only negative is now I've gotten a little more used to the speed and WANT MORE! :)

• Like x 2
  14. jackbowers

jackbowers Jack Bowers

I haven't made any measurements, but the car does feel a bit quicker 0-30. But it was pretty quick before!