Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.14.13 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@run-the-joules - how did you generate that graph? Do you have an LTE repeater/amplifier that gives you that type of data? You didn't have a magic way to enable WiFi, did you? :confused:

Let's just say that if you happen to work in IT and have admin access to the enterprise networking equipment used in certain places, you can see such things ;)

My 3 got 2018.14.7 a couple of days back.

Another change I noticed was that in 2018.12.1, I was able to slide the Navigate button to the right to automatically select "Home" or "Work" depending on my current location. When I received 2018.14.7, I was no longer able to slide the "Navigate" button around. I liked that feature so I'm not 100% sure why it was removed.

Side note: I was pleasantly surprised that I got this update as my garage doesn't get a strong cell signal typically. I'm normally at 1-2 bars (sometimes no data) so I was worried that I may not get updates while parked at home.

Got 14.13 on both of my model 3’s today. Seems like they do updates by account (since the last two updates I’ve gotten the updates hours apart from each other). Hoping to see my model X get updated today as well if thatis the case
I have three Teslas (S/X/3) and this has not been my experience. I think the push to the 3’s has generally been fast compared to typical S/X pushes.

Besides the chill mode, other differences in 14.13 (compared to 12.0 I came from)

- right scroll wheel gesture for +/- 5 mph greatly improved. Was getting it about 20% accuracy on 12.0, now it’s working 100% of the time for me.
- the traffic button icon is different now when it’s enabled. Used to be a solid read light, now it’s different icon that doesn’t fill itself in.

Tried chill for the first time today. Ok, and I can see myself using it from time to time probably when using EAP. Noticed "Chill" shows up top center in the left hand pane when enabled..

Attachments

• 20180420_173744.jpg
    20180420_173744.jpg
    900 KB · Views: 120
  • Informative
Reactions: PoitNarf
Tried chill for the first time today. Ok, and I can see myself using it from time to time probably when using EAP. Noticed "Chill" shows up top center in the left hand pane when enabled..

I like the location of it. I am an aggressive driver...petal to the metal. This is good therapy for me without a shrink sitting next to me telling me to chill. I chill when seeing it and enjoy the ride. Plus my kWh improves.

I am not suer if this is related to firmware update or not.
My steering wheel doesn't return back to my profile setting after easy entry. Seat, mirrors, and etc... all restores back to my setting, except steering wheel. I have to manually adjust. Annoying.
Also, my iPhone X connects to M3 fine but randomly, it won't connect to car speaker phone. Screen shows that phone is connected and music stops but I cannot talk through car speaker/mic. I have to speak directly to phone. Second annoyance.
Mine was updated by SC while car was in the shop this week. They had a lot of trouble updating and had to get Fremont engineering team support to update firmware.

+grumpymode: Chill mode only applies to the driver and, it can't be over-ridden with a flooring of the accelerator - Fortunately, I spec'd my Model 3 with the variable accelerator option so, if I want to drive gently, I just don't press it as much.

It does not apply to the impatient teenager that is the cruise control, nor does it allow me to use cruise control much - it still insists that I drive at 45mph in my local school zone when I engage it.

Here's a graph:

View attachment 295438

Small correction... I would consider the normal acceleration in the Model 3 to be "moderately brisk" and not violent. A big brother P100D launching with ludicrous enabled is verging on violent. :)