Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All, I just received an update to my TM3. 2018.18.1 090d8b9. I guess this has the dimming high beams and the new toggle switch for music. I haven't read the release notes yet, but if you have any questions let me know. I'll try to answer them tonight.
Maybe you missed this very good question from @RyanS

What’s new toggle switch for music? Any pics?

Maybe you missed this very good question from @RyanS

I found the picture that I have seen shared:
pVj8ene.jpg

Someone posted release notes about this version as well somewhere.

do you see any degradation in headlight life? are you replacing them more often as a result?
Hopefully the headlights are higher quality than household bulbs. I'm guessing they are. I replaced all of my bulbs in the house with LEDs a few years ago and have had several stop working. I didn't keep track but it seems like a much higher failure rate than incandescents. I have a friend who is in the commercial lighting business and he told me that the bulbs last a very long time but the drivers are the problem. My first few batches were cheapies on Amazon so that probably had something to do with it.

Hopefully the headlights are higher quality than household bulbs. I'm guessing they are. I replaced all of my bulbs in the house with LEDs a few years ago and have had several stop working. I didn't keep track but it seems like a much higher failure rate than incandescents. I have a friend who is in the commercial lighting business and he told me that the bulbs last a very long time but the drivers are the problem. My first few batches were cheapies on Amazon so that probably had something to do with it.

That is definitely more the bulb than the LED. I replaced all my light bulbs over two years ago - just counted 71 total. I have had one fail to date and it was the first room I did with older lights. Definitely see a difference on my electric useage.

Reactions: dhrivnak
LED's at home - a no brainer. All but one have been installed for over 4 years - haven't replaced one yet. That one - has an unusual connector which may now be available, but wasn't last I checked.

Hate to go off topic but LED Headlights has been long overdue. Our soon to be sold BMW has an old style, one of which burns out every 3-4 months. Arghhhh!!!

Reactions: dhrivnak
Yes, black rear camera screen after 18.1 and car is two weeks old. Also lost FM and did a reset to fix camera and FM.

Just got car back today from service.

Upgrade 2018.18.2 301aeee finished, notes show nothing new mentioned on 18.1

Rear camera and FM works for now.

Anyone see anything different with 18.2?

Irwin

Yes, black rear camera screen after 18.1 and car is two weeks old. Also lost FM and did a reset to fix camera and FM.

Just got car back today from service.

Upgrade 2018.18.2 301aeee finished, notes show nothing new mentioned on 18.1

Rear camera and FM works for now.

Anyone see anything different with 18.2?

Irwin
I’m on 18.1 with 18.2 available. Before I update, can you confirm that the hidden Model S menu with cabin overheat protection wasn’t removed in the latest version?

I am out of town and my 3 is sitting at home, but I got the notice for the update on the app. I would think it is a big fix for 18.1.....I had the same problem with my rear view camera, where it wasn't working 1 out of 3 times and I had to do a full reset. Will run update when I get back home tonight.

Just started 18.2 also.. . I had problems with the rear camera turning black. The Tesla service person had no clue of this issue.

View attachment 300811
I had the same issue with the rear camera turning black after updating to 18.1. At first it would turn black for a second before working. Then after a few times it just stayed black. It stayed this way for another few times. Then it recovered and was working again with no issue. Then the momentary black screen before working came back. I just updated to 18.2. Hopefully that takes care of the issue.