Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never tried the hidden menu, tried press the Passenger airbag and only got map to zoom in. What's the detailed instructions?
Have 16.1 or later. I tried with 14.7 a few days ago and got nothing. I see you have 18.2? I hope that doesn't mean they actually did take it away. Below are the detailed instructions from someone on M3OC.

In drive mode (not charging, parked), touch the top right of the screen where it says "Passenger Airbag Off." This will bring up a menu, probably from the Model S. Touch "vehicle" to get to the menu with the "Cabin Overheat Protection" slider. The reasons I think that this is a Model S menu is that it:
1. Appears formatted for portrait orientation, not landscape
2. Has additional information below the viewable area, without ability to slide down
3. Has a menu titled "Displays" (note the plurality)
4. Has a selectable option to "Auto Present Handles" (which, of course, the 3 does not do)

This menu does seem to control the car. I tested it by turning off mirror auto fold. Worked.

With the Cabin Overheat Protection enabled in my car (Blue, in Florida sun), my cabin stays in the 102-112F range throughout the day, roughly. It does seem to be cycling on/off because the temperature oscillates.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Have 16.1 or later. I tried with 14.7 a few days ago and got nothing. I see you have 18.2? I hope that doesn't mean they actually did take it away. Below are the detailed instructions from someone on M3OC.

In drive mode (not charging, parked), touch the top right of the screen where it says "Passenger Airbag Off." This will bring up a menu, probably from the Model S. Touch "vehicle" to get to the menu with the "Cabin Overheat Protection" slider. The reasons I think that this is a Model S menu is that it:
1. Appears formatted for portrait orientation, not landscape
2. Has additional information below the viewable area, without ability to slide down
3. Has a menu titled "Displays" (note the plurality)
4. Has a selectable option to "Auto Present Handles" (which, of course, the 3 does not do)

This menu does seem to control the car. I tested it by turning off mirror auto fold. Worked.

With the Cabin Overheat Protection enabled in my car (Blue, in Florida sun), my cabin stays in the 102-112F range throughout the day, roughly. It does seem to be cycling on/off because the temperature oscillates.

Hope this helps.

I left work the other day and it was 152° in my 3... I need this in my life.

Woooaaaah Yep secret menu! I’m on 16.1

Definitely some model 3 specific UI’s in there.

Attachments

• 447C6BBA-6C2C-4623-8DAA-FA489A11DCEB.jpeg
    447C6BBA-6C2C-4623-8DAA-FA489A11DCEB.jpeg
    311.2 KB · Views: 89
18.2 apparently removed the menu according to a couple people. I’m still on 18.1 with access to the menu. I’m holding off on the update until someone confirms that they left cabin overheat protection active in 18.2 even though the menu is gone.
I'm on 18.2. If you let me know the secret to getting into the secret menu I can confirm it for you.

Anyone with 18.2 having issues with their phone as a key? When I picked my car up from service on Saturday, I had to repair my phone, but it worked at the time. I didn't drive the car yesterday but today again the phone would not connect to the car as a key (works fine for bluetooth audio).

Anyone with 18.2 having issues with their phone as a key? When I picked my car up from service on Saturday, I had to repair my phone, but it worked at the time. I didn't drive the car yesterday but today again the phone would not connect to the car as a key (works fine for bluetooth audio).
My car lagged a couple of times today when trying to unlock and start it. First try, didn’t unlock. Waited a few seconds and tried again, it unlocked. Sat down and put foot on brake, seat and steering wheel didn’t adjust and computer didn’t turn on. Waited a few seconds and kept trying...it finally turned on.

Happened again at lunch. Not sure if this is an 18.2 bug or what.