TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Zaxxon, May 25, 2018.

1. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

TeslaFi notes that two Model 3s have received firmware 2018.18.13 today. One in CA, one in NC. Starting this thread for discussion of changes once we get reports of what's included. Could be the braking adjustment mentioned as possibly coming by this weekend in response to the Consumer Reports findings, or something else.

If you receive it, please fill us in!

2. Paul Freedman

Paul Freedman New Member

Mine just updated too, but won't be driving for a few hours, since I'm at work.

3. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

Priorities, man! ;)

• Funny x 3
  4. Matt3y

Matt3y Member

Ditto, I just updated. Same release notes as the previous 18.x updates. No mention of any brake changes. I will drive it soon, so we'll see if I notice anything brake related.

5. Paul Freedman

Paul Freedman New Member

I'm hoping they corrected the MAPS weirdness. Mine has been slow-clunky, and weird zooming in and out (even when not using NAV) in the non-satellite mode.

6. Blue_Model_S

Blue_Model_S Member

#6 Blue_Model_S, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
    No change in release notes. I doubt that I can tell whether they changed braking algorithm. The change will likely only be for the slamming on brake scenario where the software has to modulate ABS differently.

7. the good touch

Just updated as well. I don’t intend on slamming on the brakes with a tape measure though.

• Funny x 2
  8. privater

privater 2016 Model S and 2017 Model 3 owner

I updated at work, like above comments, no new updates except the general 2018.18.x notes (Media player, Auto high-beam).
    IMG_2306.jpg IMG_2304.jpg
    No change on the grey map color. since it's introduced from 2018.18.3, I don't expect they gonna change it soon:

IMG_2307.jpg

Plus, I found the data sharing acknowledgement page, it's not there during 2018.14, but it's there right now:

IMG_2310.jpg IMG_2311.jpg

I hope this version fix my vampire drain issue with TeslaFi, I'll test it and report back.

• Like x 1
  9. kwest2

kwest2 Member

They really need to update their map accuracy for traffic too...found it to be badly innacurate on a recent road trip from Boston to Philly.

10. goto10

goto10 Member

Please do. I've also had bad vampire drain with 18.3.

11. the good touch

Found this! Brand new with 18.13 some sort of easy access menu for mirrors and steering wheel settings

Attached Files:

• Informative x 8
    • Like x 5
    • Helpful x 1
  12. savi

savi Member

My brake hold no longer works.

13. chibi_kurochan

just got the notification too! can't wait to install it tonight.
    even though i just got 2018.18.3 two days ago! i was expecting 2018.20 instead of 2018.18.13

14. chibi_kurochan

they already implement the recommendations from Consumer Report! that was quick!

15. run-the-joules

run-the-joules Active Member

Yeah I just got the notification and excitedly ran to the car thinking it might be 2018.20, which I've heard rumors about having interesting stuff for the 3. THen I remembered the consumer reports thing and yeah, probably all this is.

• Like x 1
  16. jlevy

jlevy Member

Perhaps they fixed the lost acceleration off the line with this update? *fingers crossed*

17. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Has 2018.20 been seen on a 3 yet? Not that I can find but that doesn’t mean not so with the on/off again consolidated software!

That mirror menu in 13 is interesting!

18. chibi_kurochan

havent seen it yet on ev-fw

i don't know why it's such a big fuss, even with this new implementation, it's still 2 taps away vs the original method.
    most times if i do need to adjust it while driving, i'd do it while autopilot is engaged.

19. tigntink

tigntink Member

Just got it today on my model 3. Installed pretty quick. Will drive it in a few hours to see if anything feels different.

20. DeckardsGirl

DeckardsGirl Deckard my Model 3 owns me

I received update as well but still trying to figure out if anything else changed.