Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going to add this as I didn’t see it yet. Sorry if I missed it.
After the update my car keeps waking itself up in the garage, or at least making sounds that are similar to when I first turn on the app in the morning before heading out. I’ve been home from work about an hour and have heard it 3 or so times (rough guess).

I’m not connected to any 3rd party apps and don’t have the Tesla app open right now. Just heard it again while it’s sitting in the garage. Anyone else?

Edit: I guess this would also be a potential cause for some vampire drain too.

After the update my car keeps waking itself up in the garage, or at least making sounds that are similar to when I first turn on the app in the morning before heading out. I’ve been home from work about an hour and have heard it 3 or so times (rough guess).

I’m not connected to any 3rd party apps and don’t have the Tesla app open right now. Just heard it again while it’s sitting in the garage. Anyone else?

Edit: I guess this would also be a potential cause for some vampire drain too.

Do you have bluetooth on? Maybe they changed the signal strength reading at which the car is woken up, maybe to help with issues with using the phone as key?

• Informative
Reactions: TQCLove
I don't see the Easy Entry profile in our Model 3. We picked it up on Saturday and it had 2018.16.2 and just updated to 2018.18.3 and still no luck. Any pointers?

Have you read the manual?

Easy Entry.png

I downloaded it a couple of days ago. So far No issues, and really appreciate the auto dimming head lights

I'm beginning to question whether auto dimming is working. On 2018.18.3. I've checked and the new setting is enabled. Also tried toggling the setting off and on.
So far I've done a fair amount of secondary road driving where there are tall telephone pole street lights about every 1/4 to 1/2 mile. Any chance auto dimming is affected by these lights?
I found myself reverting to manually turning my head lights on and off.

I'm beginning to question whether auto dimming is working. On 2018.18.3. I've checked and the new setting is enabled. Also tried toggling the setting off and on.
So far I've done a fair amount of secondary road driving where there are tall telephone pole street lights about every 1/4 to 1/2 mile. Any chance auto dimming is affected by these lights?
Mine can't seem to make up its mind sometimes & turns on & off every few seconds. Seems to be more likely when there's reflective signs in front of me which makes sense. Otherwise my only complaint is that it keeps the high beams on when I'm driving behind someone. No big deal to just turn off high beams in that situation. Pretty cool feature overall.

Wow, I can’t believe all the issues people are reporting. 18.3 downloaded a couple days ago for me, since then I’ve had no issues. Everything has been running smoothly. Then again, I’ve had no issues since I’ve had the car which has been about 10 days now.

You didn't say if you had also activated the normal high beam switch (push left stalk away from you). That's required in the X at least. Auto dimming really does just dim.