Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to assume I've just gotten lucky, then. It is still notable, though, that I hadn't made it though one 12-hour period without a phone app glitch pre-update, and since the update I've had zero issues.

It's also possible that there are several possible causes of phone key issues, and this update fixed one of them but not others. I'm running a Google Pixel 2 on Android P DP 2, in case anyone's curious.

I'm going to assume I've just gotten lucky, then. It is still notable, though, that I hadn't made it though one 12-hour period without a phone app glitch pre-update, and since the update I've had zero issues.

It's also possible that there are several possible causes of phone key issues, and this update fixed one of them but not others. I'm running a Google Pixel 2 on Android P DP 2, in case anyone's curious.

You are brave for running the P developer's preview! I usually install them, but didn't want to take the chance of breaking the phone key even more (if that's possible).

You are brave for running the P developer's preview! I usually install them, but didn't want to take the chance of breaking the phone key even more (if that's possible).
I generally wait until they're classified as 'beta,' (which DP2 is) as the major kinks tend to be worked out by then.

14.3 to 18.3 haven't had a chance to try it out though. Looking forward this evening to see how the Auto dimming headlight feature works.

I went for a drive last night to test it out. It works well, although it's not as quick as our Volvo to re-enable the brights after an oncoming vehicle has passed.

One more thing I noticed is that the trunk unlock works much better after the 18.3 update. Before, there'd be about a half second to one second delay in pushing on the trunk release before the car would wake up and unlock. So much so that I'd always press the trunk release twice, first to wake up the car and unlock, second to actually open the trunk. It's nearly instantaneous now. Much better.

One more thing I noticed is that the trunk unlock works much better after the 18.3 update. Before, there'd be about a half second to one second delay in pushing on the trunk release before the car would wake up and unlock. So much so that I'd always press the trunk release twice, first to wake up the car and unlock, second to actually open the trunk. It's nearly instantaneous now. Much better.
I noticed the same.

I no longer get volume to max issues. I feel like that's been resolved for a while, so probably not tied to 18. Also, driver profile menu used to get stuck (it wouldn't disappear after an adjustment change to my profile or easy entry). That hasn't been happening since 18.

I have noticed behavior in 18.3 for my car.... When I put it in reverse, it is momentarily black. Then after a brief moment the image appears. I don't think this happened to me at all before the update. Auto high beam headlights are cool and work well. They tend to error on the conservative side and will dim for the wrong reasons like sign reflections and stuff. I notice they dim far more often than I would do myself. Probably the right approach, certainly initially. The radio changes are mixed bag.... The slacker stuff looks good with exposing genre and favorites easily on the left, but I don't see similar treatment for tunein. I like the update except for the initial reverse black screen

Reactions: Scrutmonkey