Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One more thing I noticed is that the trunk unlock works much better after the 18.3 update. Before, there'd be about a half second to one second delay in pushing on the trunk release before the car would wake up and unlock. So much so that I'd always press the trunk release twice, first to wake up the car and unlock, second to actually open the trunk. It's nearly instantaneous now. Much better.

Same here. And still zero issues with phone key for me since I applied the update 2 days ago.

Picked up my M3 yesterday with 18.3. Everything great so far.

I had to reset my Essential PH-1 before able to connect phone as key during delivery. Not gltch free yet, and used key card once but dont think really needed to.

With car in front drive I can see key disconnects and connects walking to back and front within the house.

EAP works as expected so far but it runs dead center in lane while I am used to running closer to the shoulder. Been checking the mirrors to start retraining myself...

Maps went black and white with 2018.18.3 :( Reboot didn’t help. Anyone else?

D28C94E6-1DF2-47AE-8A95-9E49E87D7823.jpeg

Reactions: nickpants
Well, I got 18.3 last night and it's forgotten my phone as far as Bluetooth media is concerned. My phone still works as a key.

But now my Model 3 can't find my phone for music. It forgot my phone completely after the update so I tried to scan for it - couldn't find it - and I was in the driver's seat. So I went to "forget" my Model 3 in my phone's Bluetooth list and I was in for a surprise. FOUR new mystery links:

S17c9a479325aeee911C
S17c9a479325aeee911P
S17c9a479325aeee911R
S17c9a479325aeee911D (though "D" is now gone since I've been parked a while)

Yes, I verified it's the car. They were there when I started. There when I got home. Gone when I totally powered down the phone and back after bringing back bluetooth with the car 10 feet away. And I did the brake/wheel-button-press reset of the screen. All to no avail

WTF???

ALSO - I've noticed a quick flash of "black screen" when I go into reverse now. Starts black and then quickly shows the camera image after maybe a half second to a second. Used to be instantaneous.

Well, I got 18.3 last night and it's forgotten my phone as far as Bluetooth media is concerned. My phone still works as a key.

But now my Model 3 can't find my phone for music. It forgot my phone completely after the update so I tried to scan for it - couldn't find it - and I was in the driver's seat. So I went to "forget" my Model 3 in my phone's Bluetooth list and I was in for a surprise. FOUR new mystery links:

S17c9a479325aeee911C
S17c9a479325aeee911P
S17c9a479325aeee911R
S17c9a479325aeee911D (though "D" is now gone since I've been parked a while)

Yes, I verified it's the car. They were there when I started. There when I got home. Gone when I totally powered down the phone and back after bringing back bluetooth with the car 10 feet away. And I did the brake/wheel-button-press reset of the screen. All to no avail

WTF???

ALSO - I've noticed a quick flash of "black screen" when I go into reverse now. Starts black and then quickly shows the camera image after maybe a half second to a second. Used to be instantaneous.

I lost my Bluetooth connection for music/phone calls after the last update and had to re-pair the phone. Make sure the car is not on the list of Bluetooth devices for the phone (which you've already done), and make sure the phone is not on the list of devices on the car by tapping the Bluetooth icon near the top edge of the screen and deleting it from there. Then you should be able to pair your phone again. This isn't exactly the same as managing the phone keys, which is under another sub-menu.

The four Bluetooth devices your phone is showing have always been there. They are the Bluetooth LE transmitter/receivers that the car uses to communicate with the phone to establish the phone key connection. I believe the letters at the end show where each is located in the car: D=driver, P=passenger, R=rear, C=center/front.

I also have the black screen with the path outlines before the backup camera starts. Lasts almost a second. Very annoying.

The issue for me is the favorites buttons. After the update on my first drive, the radio stations were sorted counting down. It took me so long to get them in counting up, like left to right should be. Had to favorite in the other order. Then after the update, I had to favorite them again in the normal way to get them in the right order. Then the VERY NEXT drive it was reversed order AGAIN. I re-favorited HALF of the stations and will check what I get next time I am in the car.

I did notice the new map colors, but it's not the new maps, it is still showing the Google logo. Someone told me there was going to be a map update *separate* from the OS update. It's a 5 Gig update, so it may wait until WiFi exists for the Model 3.

-Randy

The issue for me is the favorites buttons. After the update on my first drive, the radio stations were sorted counting down. It took me so long to get them in counting up, like left to right should be. Had to favorite in the other order. Then after the update, I had to favorite them again in the normal way to get them in the right order. Then the VERY NEXT drive it was reversed order AGAIN. I re-favorited HALF of the stations and will check what I get next time I am in the car.

The whole user experience with the media interface is really underwhelming and frustrating. I gave up on reordering the radio station favorites. Like you, I originally had to add them in the opposite order that I wanted displayed and then the update date reversed them. I removed all the favorites, started over and re-did it in the order I wanted. After spending a few minutes to do that, the very next time the order reversed again. I don't understand why they can't program custom drag-and-drop to make it easy to get the favorites in the order we want.

Like others have reported, with this version my backup camera is black for about a second or two before it displays an image. It was working almost flawlessly in the previous version I was on.

I'm also wishing I didn't update to the latest version. I just had the strangest thing happen where I pushed my driver's side door release button and it rolled down my rear right window. Not sure if it's update related but I had no complaints on the previous version.

I lost my Bluetooth connection for music/phone calls after the last update and had to re-pair the phone. Make sure the car is not on the list of Bluetooth devices for the phone (which you've already done), and make sure the phone is not on the list of devices on the car by tapping the Bluetooth icon near the top edge of the screen and deleting it from there. Then you should be able to pair your phone again. This isn't exactly the same as managing the phone keys, which is under another sub-menu.

The four Bluetooth devices your phone is showing have always been there. They are the Bluetooth LE transmitter/receivers that the car uses to communicate with the phone to establish the phone key connection. I believe the letters at the end show where each is located in the car: D=driver, P=passenger, R=rear, C=center/front.

I also have the black screen with the path outlines before the backup camera starts. Lasts almost a second. Very annoying.

Yeah, I did that. First I'd noticed that my car completely forgot my phone. Trying to re-pair didn't work and I deleted the entry in my phone for the car.

Called tech support. The guy there knew his stuff.

Made sure all connections were forgotten, then compeltely shut down the car from the touch screen. Powered it back up and went to pair the phone and my phone showed up almost instantly! Problem solved.

Sounds like I'm in a good spot still being stuck on 14.13!
In my case, the 2018.18.3 update has been great. Autopark used to prematurely abort on my car. Most of the time the Parking spot and the blue Parking start button would never show up on the screen. I had filed a ticket with Tesla support, and they had asked me to call their phone support line. I was not motivated enough to go through the long wait times for phone support, so I had decided to wait for the next update. With this update Autopark has been working perfectly.