Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, updated yesterday and noticed that the car no longer sleeps, it just idles. I'm using Teslafi and it hasn't slept once since the update. I'm also averaging about 0.85 mile vampire drain per hour. See before and after pictures from Teslafi. I've tried a few resets. Only positive is the Tesla app always responds immediately instead of waiting for the car to wake up, but not worth the drain.

Before 18 3
After 18 3

Reactions: TQCLove
Well, updated yesterday and noticed that the car no longer sleeps, it just idles. I'm using Teslafi and it hasn't slept once since the update. I'm also averaging about 0.85 mile vampire drain per hour. See before and after pictures from Teslafi. I've tried a few resets. Only positive is the Tesla app always responds immediately instead of waiting for the car to wake up, but not worth the drain.

Before 18 3
After 18 3

Maybe it's Teslafi keeping it awake. Change your tesla password so it stops the app and see if that helps.

Reactions: swaltner
image.jpg
Is 2018.18.3 the latest? SC updated me to this just before delivery yesterday. How does one find out what the latest version is?
Tesla app or this
image.jpg

Take that back
Phone connectivity has been a nightmare
3 reboots maybe 4
Resetting Bluetooth many times
Closing and opening the app
I had 95% before
A sad day just a sad day

And now vampire drain just with my car sitting at work
Lost 4 miles in an hour/half
Never had vampire drain before
Will check if the ac is coming on to cool the cabin down when not in my car

I'm beginning to question whether auto dimming is working. On 2018.18.3. I've checked and the new setting is enabled. Also tried toggling the setting off and on.
So far I've done a fair amount of secondary road driving where there are tall telephone pole street lights about every 1/4 to 1/2 mile. Any chance auto dimming is affected by these lights?
I found myself reverting to manually turning my head lights on and off.

You didn't say if you had also activated the normal high beam switch (push left stalk away from you). That's required in the X at least. Auto dimming really does just dim.

Yeah, i kept asking myself if it was working till I was playing with the left stalk and notice the very faint headlight with the "A" there. i toggled it a few times just to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks with me.

i still haven't been in an area yet with minimal lighting for it to activate yet. :(

Attachments

• IMG_6990.JPG
    IMG_6990.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 53
Not sure it’s been mentioned but since the update, I notice that the car no longer does the annoying thing of blinking 3 times in the opposite direction when you turn off the turn signal after hard pressing it.
You can also click it again in the same direction to disengage it. But it sounds like they've fixed the issue that made me switch to that method.

Yes to both questions
Latest and current
I'm not sure you understood his question. The car and the app show the version currently installed, not a later version Tesla may have sent to someone.

@mwu, please be aware that not everyone gets every version. Some are released for problems with specific configurations, some are stopped because of a bug before they get to widespread release, etc. For example there were 4 builds released between the last two that went into widespread release (2018.14.13 and 2018.18.3) that only small numbers of owners got.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: cellogig and mwu
So... it was teslafi. Something about the new update does not allow the car to sleep when using 3rd party apps using the api. If you are using a 3rd party app, beware of vampire drain.

I just starting using TeslaFi this weekend and have seen/experienced the 1 mph vampire loss with software 2018.18.3. Just tried using the Sleep Mode Enabled (even though it states Model 3 doesn't need) with the default 15/30 minutes with no other options checked and the vehicle went to sleep soon after. Worth a try.

I just starting using TeslaFi this weekend and have seen/experienced the 1 mph vampire loss with software 2018.18.3. Just tried using the Sleep Mode Enabled (even though it states Model 3 doesn't need) with the default 15/30 minutes with no other options checked and the vehicle went to sleep soon after. Worth a try.

Thanks, i submitted a ticket with teslafi and they recommended the same thing. Will give it a try

Anyone experiencing data connectivity loss on this release? I’ll get random disconnects that require a reboot or waiting a bit.
I got a complete disconnect (showed 3G signal for most) for about 10 minutes this morning. Might have been related to cellular, but I normally have perfect reception in the area this happened in this morning. I thought about a reboot, but I just wanted to see if it would eventually switch to LTE and work first. Eventually, it did