Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally, it pushed the card ui change again, this time I think it better than previous lousy change on wiper card.

The new card interface has been redesigned into multi-direction swipe:
swipe right for odometer/power consumption card
swipe left for tire pressure
click rain wiper for rain wiper setting.
It's definitely better than previous version:

Before this update, you need to swipe left twice to get odometer, swipe left third time to get tire pressure card.
You can trigger wiper accidentally very easy because it's the second card.
and most of all, it won't remember the last card you're using. so if you want to keep odometer card on display, you have to swipe left twice every single time when step into cockpit.

I haven't got time to test if it will remember last card between trips. But this is definitely better than original design.

That stuff with the "cards" (I didn't realize that's what that section of the screen was called) is definitely new in this update. It sounds like the "control" card (for opening trunks, activating rear view camera etc) is now the middle card and the trip and vehicle status cards are either to the left or right of the "control" card. This definitely seems like a good UI improvement to me. I barely use the wiper card and was always annoyed that it would get switched to that automatically whenever I just did a quick mist wipe and that you had to manually switch it back to a different card. It sounds like it will still do that now but it will automatically dismiss after a few seconds and go back to whichever card you were on previously.

yes! these cards are my most used feature on the screen, mainly because I want my default view to be my efficiency numbers.

Also love that the wiper card (when triggered by manual wipe) is no longer permanent.

• Love
Reactions: dhrivnak and Pkmmte
Does anyone know why the tire pressure info is only displayed when the car is in drive? I don’t understand why this info is not available when the car is parked.

It isn't an in drive/park issue, the tire pressure sensors only start to send data when the tires move. And then after a delay they stop to prevent running the batteries dead.

Finally, it pushed the card ui change again, this time I think it better than previous lousy change on wiper card.

The new card interface has been redesigned into multi-direction swipe:
swipe right for odometer/power consumption card
swipe left for tire pressure
click rain wiper for rain wiper setting.
It's definitely better than previous version:

Before this update, you need to swipe left twice to get odometer, swipe left third time to get tire pressure card.
You can trigger wiper accidentally very easy because it's the second card.
and most of all, it won't remember the last card you're using. so if you want to keep odometer card on display, you have to swipe left twice every single time when step into cockpit.

I haven't got time to test if it will remember last card between trips. But this is definitely better than original design.
Thanks for posting the videos. If you get the chance please let us know if it remembers the last card you were using after restarting the car?

Not bond to this particular version, but does anyone noticed the autoparking is a lot more sensitive and usable?

I used to driving around underground parking lot for months never saw it pops up.

But after recent month updates, it’s a lot more sensitive and 80% time pops up notifications for a valid autoparking scenario.
Especially for cases like detects space between pillars and adjacent cars:
FA3A210D-BD4C-4CA9-97A8-B1712B784269.png

(just hit me that I must have been the Omaha owner reporting update)

Wouldn't it be really intuitive to use the right scroll wheel... allow pushing in to toggle among functions... directions to control settings for each function. Example being climate control, you could control temp without touching screen. Another function could be audio sources, directions could enable movement among Slacker 'channels'. Seems like you could allow for controlling most of your functions without ever having to reach over to the screen.

Not sure if it’s just because I’ve been in my garage more than usual today, with the car asleep, but I seem to be hearing more clunking and whirring than before, on 2018.20.5. Maybe it’s related to a Bluetooth update? Something with how it senses my phone, even though it’s not fully awakening? Anyone else notice this?

Right scroll wheel already handles autopilot/TACC controls. Would be nice to be able to customize that, but I wonder whether they want to avoid possibly confusing those controls.

I think that's exactly it. Accidentally changing TACC speed would be far too easy if that scroll wheel was also mapped to other non-vital commands like the HVAC or media player.

I wish when doing mirror controls that the left "wheel" aimed the left mirror, while the right "wheel" was controlling the right mirror.

That's perfectly logical and wish it could do that also, but again, it's probably to avoid taking focus away from TACC controls.