Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, pressing the right button is already used to activate voice control.

Well, autopilot features not withstanding (again, I don't have auto pilot)... it would just be a matter of repeatedly pressing the right button to toggle among multiple functions. First press would get voice control... press again, an AC setting (for example) would come up, allowing up/down control of temp... press down again, another function might come up, etc.

Also, pressing the right button is already used to activate voice control.
Yes, but here's my suggestion from another thread....

Specifically, recently actually seeing the absolute convenience offered by Tesla by adding the TACC settings to the right scroll wheel really highlights the value of effectively using the scroll wheel while driving (huge! ). So, I would like to make the right scroll wheel button single click change from vouce command* instead to bring up a list of "modes" to put the right scroll wheel into so it isn't always locked to TACC. Make it so that once I click it a menu pops up on the screen and I can scroll to pick a new mode, like quick screen selection, or additional audio commands (like expand the audio menu), wipers, etc. Basically if you could change the right scroll wheel "on the fly" to do other things we could get even more use out of it. I'm OK with it defaulting back to TACC after xx seconds.

Reactions: Yonki
I updated 2 days ago and so far I have experienced the following

- Rear Speakers not working x 3
- Panel not responsive x 1
- Panel not turning on x 1 - fixed when switching from reverse to drive
- Bluetooth will not connect

Restart has fixed each time. Ive seen some threads where people have mentioned a loose ground for the rear speakers.
I've only had the car a few days before the update so its tough to say for sure if its software or not.

Has anyone else experienced this with there 3?

I updated to this version this morning and have had my touch screen go blank a couple times already. I just did soft reboot the first time to get back to normal. After it happened the second time when I was in my garage I did a hard reboot. I haven't driven at all since so not sure if that "fixed" it now or if it's going to be the new normal until the next update. I'll post back here with any updates.

I updated to this version this morning and have had my touch screen go blank a couple times already. I just did soft reboot the first time to get back to normal. After it happened the second time when I was in my garage I did a hard reboot. I haven't driven at all since so not sure if that "fixed" it now or if it's going to be the new normal until the next update. I'll post back here with any updates.
How do I do hard reboot? Assuming soft is when I'm holding both buttons down.

I had the car for a few hours before the update and most of that was highway driving.

My parking sensors work but do not chime regardless of the settings. My friend just accepted delivery yesterday and updated to 2018.20.5 this morning with no issues.
I had this problem after my bumper was repaired and Tesla had to fix it themselves. One of the sensors wasn’t installed correctly and caused the chimes to not work at all.

• Informative
Reactions: mekberg
Well, autopilot features not withstanding (again, I don't have auto pilot)... it would just be a matter of repeatedly pressing the right button to toggle among multiple functions. First press would get voice control... press again, an AC setting (for example) would come up, allowing up/down control of temp... press down again, another function might come up, etc.

Multitouch gesture controls on the touchscreen would also be great, since the screen is capable of registering multiple points of touch at the same time. Two or three fingered swipes up/down or left/right could be mapped to do different things so the driver can adjust things without taking their eyes off the road, and would ideally be customizable. Or Tesla might just be banking on voice recognition for drivers to adjust common settings like fan speed/temperature.

Multitouch gesture controls on the touchscreen would also be great, since the screen is capable of registering multiple points of touch at the same time. Two or three fingered swipes up/down or left/right could be mapped to do different things so the driver can adjust things without taking their eyes off the road, and would ideally be customizable. Or Tesla might just be banking on voice recognition for drivers to adjust common settings like fan speed/temperature.

Multitouch would be interesting. I'd like to see long-press to be able to do things too. Being able to turn off the HVAC by long-pressing the fan icon seems like a no-brainer instead of having to bring up the sub-menu.