Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.21 0fa48d9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My automatic lane changes seem far more cautious in this update than they were before. In 18.13 it seemed like I was done changing lanes very quickly. This one seems to really take its time deciding whether or not it’s safe to change.

Tried the interchange/offramp thing and it does indeed slow for them but perhaps a little more aggressively than I would when driving myself. Of course I’m happy that it’s over cautious instead of being overly confident.

My automatic lane changes seem far more cautious in this update than they were before. In 18.13 it seemed like I was done changing lanes very quickly. This one seems to really take its time deciding whether or not it’s safe to change.

Tried the interchange/offramp thing and it does indeed slow for them but perhaps a little more aggressively than I would when driving myself. Of course I’m happy that it’s over cautious instead of being overly confident.
I’ve found lane change quick if clear ‘hands on’.
Meh... I tend to agree with Ryman. I understand the instinct to increase the nag rate in response to accidents, media hype and in an attempt to get out in front of regulation. But, there is an undeniable trade off with utility. And, there is no less vigilance required with an intervention at 25 second intervals than at 60 seconds. I'm not texting or taking my eyes off the road in either case. In fact I think you can make a case that it is more distracting to have more frequent warnings.

It is like doing an auto land in an aircraft. Even with hands off the yoke you are constantly monitoring airspeed, attitude, vertical speed and your surrounds (if visual). The a/p is just another way of operating the aircraft. In the Tesla when rounding a curve on the freeway at 100 km/h on a/p, I am still operating the car - just by a different means.
as acknowledged by the great man himself - trade off. They’ve got it wrong. End of. They should instead be making sensible representations to the safety dudes along the lines of many of the user threads on the subject.