Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.21 0fa48d9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What AP changes are we talking about here?

The “odd” releases do tend to be limited release to select people who are told to keep hush. But if anyone here got it, please please post here!!

I'm just purely speculating here, I don't have any information and would like that to be clear :D

But as an example: The neural net for AP2 that appeared in 2018.10.4 publicly was first beta tested as 2018.5. Most people were hush about it, but a few on the German forums were boasting about the hugely improved AP2 performance, and that version of AP2 even showed cars in neighboring lanes all the time.

Tesla seems to be extremely cautious in rolling out major Autopilot changes. This would be consistent with, for example, rolling out new blind spot detection using the repeater cameras, or maybe an even better neural net, or some sort of Enhanced Autopilot feature like stopping for stop signs / red lights.

Yeah, as I said in the other thread, the cars that are getting this don’t appear to have gotten betas before. They could be new beta choices. That is usually the case for the odd numbers. Especially so quickly after 20 came out.

Have to verify that only a few get it (relatively).
I am a member of TeslaFI. When I looked at the history of 2 of the cars (with models) they show they got .5 and .7 so that would mean they were beta testers before.

I am a member of TeslaFI. When I looked at the history of 2 of the cars (with models) they show they got .5 and .7 so that would mean they were beta testers before.
I know, so am I, where do you think the detailed data comes from that I post? :D I thought I didn't see those 'odd' revs in there, but you are correct, several of the cars do have those .5 and .7 versions. I think what threw me off was that there hasn't been a 'beta' version for quite some time and I wasn't looking that far back, my bad!

Thanks for setting us straight!

Reactions: Fiddler