Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.21 0fa48d9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've heard this beta firmware had markedly increased nag times. Every 15 or 20 seconds likely in reaction to AP accidents
That would be terrible, and I would almost break the promise of AP2 as it would be way more annoying to use than AP1 which it was supposed to be enhanced from. One have to remember that it isn’t sufficient to have hands on wheel, one would have to tug the wheel for the car to register that your hands is on the wheel. Imagine how bad AP would be if you have to tug the wheel every 10 seconds.

Tesla, do not do it!

Maybe it can be a penalty mode if you are new to AP, first 100 miles. Or gets activated for the next day if you have ignored enough nags to get the red hands.

Here's a really poor quality video of the car display, I guess I need to waste some money on some better rigging for cameras and such, but on a bright note, I do have 4 channels of 900s now, so just need to capture the IC I guess.

H
Here's a really poor quality video of the car display, I guess I need to waste some money on some better rigging for cameras and such, but on a bright note, I do have 4 channels of 900s now, so just need to capture the IC I guess.

how do I contact direct?

That would be terrible, and I would almost break the promise of AP2 as it would be way more annoying to use than AP1 which it was supposed to be enhanced from. One have to remember that it isn’t sufficient to have hands on wheel, one would have to tug the wheel for the car to register that your hands is on the wheel. Imagine how bad AP would be if you have to tug the wheel every 10 seconds.

Tesla, do not do it!

Maybe it can be a penalty mode if you are new to AP, first 100 miles. Or gets activated for the next day if you have ignored enough nags to get the red hands.
Seems you do not use autopilot correctly. When I hold my hand on the wheel, if the road is good I just rest the weight of my hand on the lower left side. No nags for hours of drive. And still comfortable.

If the road is narrow or autopilot is closing uncomfortably near something, I might change the direction and tug the other way from it so that it immediately disengages if it should close even further.

If this is 2018.21 then the adjacent lane tracking differs from what we saw in 2018.5. The previous betas only tracked the vehicles while they were in the FOV of the front cameras. I think BigD0g posted a video demonstrating this in the Autopilot Maps thread.

Could it be that the newest beta is finally using the repeater cameras to track the adjacent cars instead of just relying on ultrasonics?

I "think" this video is fake/doctored. Just based off whats known for EAP vs FSD, if they were active for AP then it would only be for cars that paid for FSD as the cameras are supposed to be activated for FSD only. The fact that the IC shows a car passing while a truck is actually there and truck trailers have ALWAYS posed a point of confusion for AP sensors and camera's when parallel tells me that its a fake video.

• Funny
Reactions: dennis_d and J1mbo
I "think" this video is fake/doctored. Just based off whats known for EAP vs FSD, if they were active for AP then it would only be for cars that paid for FSD as the cameras are supposed to be activated for FSD only. The fact that the IC shows a car passing while a truck is actually there and truck trailers have ALWAYS posed a point of confusion for AP sensors and camera's when parallel tells me that its a fake video.

I can 100% promise you that is not a fake / doctored video in any way shape or form.

I can 100% promise you that is not a fake / doctored video in any way shape or form.

@BigD0g it's clear you're a beta tester (congrats to you), so I wont doubt your video, because its video and does not show what this image is showing:

giphy.gif

But when I look at this image...especially the last few frames where the car/truck fades off the screen there is a mask where the car goes behind a block on the IC, thats what is standing out to me. In addition when I look at your video the passing cars look very choppy in terms of framerate compared to AP1 and that is also not apparent in the image above...so something doesn't add up IMO.

The explanation that the truck was still in the FOV of the main camera while the rear of the truck was passing by the vehicle explains why it appears to track differently. Makes sense to me though disappointing that it looks as if we still have a way to go before EAP is delivered.

I'm confused, are we saying there is a NN change in the beta or not? @dennis_d indicated the NN binary you were looking at was redundant, is this not the case? Wondering what changes there could be that warrant a fresh round of beta builds.

@BigD0g it's clear you're a beta tester (congrats to you), so I wont doubt your video, because its video and does not show what this image is showing:

giphy.gif

But when I look at this image...especially the last few frames where the car/truck fades off the screen there is a mask where the car goes behind a block on the IC, thats what is standing out to me. In addition when I look at your video the passing cars look very choppy in terms of framerate compared to AP1 and that is also not apparent in the image above...so something doesn't add up IMO.

I’m not a beta tester and the video is real, I assure you.

If I were a beta tester I’d be under NDA.

Maybe it's the heavy video stabilization that's making you doubt the video? There is definitely stabilization applied, you can tell by the stretching of the image around the dashboard . I'd like to see the original, as this one is heavily processed - I did not say doctored. Maybe that's causing that block to appear, or compression.

The tweet specifically mentions the Model 3. But maybe the update will also apply to the Model S and X too.

It also indicates over the next several months... I wouldn't hold my breath. We are still waiting for an EAP branch promised 1 year ago in 3 months maybe, six months definitely...

Not to mention the tweet mentions nothing about EAP functions either....

• Love
Reactions: croman