Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm finding that the display of cars in the side lanes more distracting than helpful. I could see the same cars in my field of vision. Doesn't help to have them moving around and distracting me to look on the screen.

Exactly! Why do you need to see cars in front of you on a screen, when you just need to look up and see them in real life !!

Would be more useful to see cars in your blind spot.

Reactions: detlefo and aronth5
And when I went to go to lunch a short while ago I noticed that all of the radio favorite icons were back. I'm happy this fixed itself but it shouldn't have happened in the first place. I issued a bug report when I first noticed it this morning.

Seems to happen after every update. I figured out that you can get at least the Slacker ones to return faster by just quickly unfavoriting and refavoriting by tapping the heart icon next to the station name in the info banner. The same trick doesn't work for the TuneIn streaming stations, unfortunately.

One of the new things I noticed with 21.9 is that when switching driver profiles the most recently set EAP follow distance for each driver pop-ups to remind you where it was set. I didn't notice if previous versions reverted the follow distance for each driver but it's notice to know now that it's doing it so there are no surprises. It would be nice if it did this every time you enable EAP as a visual reminder. One time I'll be in heavy traffic and have it set at 3 and the next I could be be in fast traffic and want it set at 6 or 7.

Driving today (21.9) I noticed some things. Wide multi-lane city thoroughfare. Using Autosteer.

1. It kept showing a car in the next lane over to my left as veering into and out of my lane, even though it was actually maintaining a straight path well centered in its own lane. My car was unable to determine the actual position of that car, and the error was significant and large.

2. It was driving so close to that car that I took over steering myself. Even when it thought that car was in my lane, my car did not move over to create some space between us. And later, when that car was actually a wee bit to close to the line, my car still did not move over.

On a three-lane road (one lane each direction plus a left-turn lane):

3. It braked for a car that passed in front of me, long before I'd have considered it necessary. Then when that car turned left out of the street I was driving on, my car braked very briefly after the other car was entirely out of the way.

4. I reported that it felt as though I had less acceleration than before. This morning it felt as though I had as much acceleration as ever. I'd love to see results from someone who has the equipment to do an actual measurement.

Tesla clearly as a lot of work to do before these cars can drive themselves without constant driver vigilance.

Seems to happen after every update. I figured out that you can get at least the Slacker ones to return faster by just quickly unfavoriting and refavoriting by tapping the heart icon next to the station name in the info banner. The same trick doesn't work for the TuneIn streaming stations, unfortunately.

Doesn't doing that mess up the order of the favorites though? At the very least in the two times I've lost the favorite icons I've sort of known which station is which based upon their order. I hope the ability to reorder the favorites is coming in a future software update. That and it would also be nice if the favorite icons were easier to identify. Many of the icons in my favorites list (just about all hard rock and metal stations) look very similar. An additional identifier on these icons would be a welcome change.

Doesn't doing that mess up the order of the favorites though? At the very least in the two times I've lost the favorite icons I've sort of known which station is which based upon their order. I hope the ability to reorder the favorites is coming in a future software update. That and it would also be nice if the favorite icons were easier to identify. Many of the icons in my favorites list (just about all hard rock and metal stations) look very similar. An additional identifier on these icons would be a welcome change.

If you do it in the reverse order that you want it displayed, it should order them from left to right. Although I've done that, had it displaying correctly, then after the next time the car sleeps or I reset, everything either gets unorganized again or the art goes missing.

I noticed something about the screen showing cars in other lanes. Was coming in to work this morning and heard an alert - loud and obnoxious - that I'd heard a few times before but couldn't figure out what it was (nothing on the screen).

THIS time, I saw something on the screen. I was on a wide 4-lane road doing about 40MPH and drifting to the left a bit to give a wide berth to a streetsweeper truck. As I approached, I heard the 'klaxon' and saw the "car" on the display - but THAT "car" was RED, not gray like all the others! It was recognizing the 3MPH streetsweeper as a dangerous obstacle!

Was coming in to work this morning and heard an alert - loud and obnoxious - that I'd heard a few times before but couldn't figure out what it was (nothing on the screen

What did the noise sound like? I've heard a loud Beep at seemingly random times in the past and never noticed anything on my screen that would be causing it. Was definitely louder and harsher than the regular "tones" you get from ultrasonic sensors.

Cruising home in AP last night, speed set to 80, limit is 70. Car suddenly decelerates, now set to 60, limit showing 40... I'm thinking the GPS reported a position that the car thought was an offramp. Kindof annoying. Also highlights the need for a less-intense slowdown mode, IE: If slowing for a new speed limit or because the driver reduced the speed setting with no traffic or obstructions, maybe just coast down to the new limit, instead of MAX REGEN HOLY *sugar* SLOW DOWN NOW to the new limit...

The offramp slowdown is actually pretty nice, but it will keep decelerating well under the speed limit on the cross-street you're exiting to. Slowing down to the limit plus your offset would be even better.

• Informative
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
Cruising home in AP last night, speed set to 80, limit is 70. Car suddenly decelerates, now set to 60, limit showing 40... I'm thinking the GPS reported a position that the car thought was an offramp. Kindof annoying. Also highlights the need for a less-intense slowdown mode, IE: If slowing for a new speed limit or because the driver reduced the speed setting with no traffic or obstructions, maybe just coast down to the new limit, instead of MAX REGEN HOLY *sugar* SLOW DOWN NOW to the new limit...

The offramp slowdown is actually pretty nice, but it will keep decelerating well under the speed limit on the cross-street you're exiting to. Slowing down to the limit plus your offset would be even better.

That is very disturbing! I'd much rather control the deceleration on off-ramps myself than have the car suddenly decelerate on the freeway because the GPS flubbed up and thought I'd taken the ramp. Really, having the car automatically decelerate on off-ramps is not particularly useful anyway, because the chances are I'm going to have to stop at he bottom of the ramp anyway, or at least set a new speed for the surface roads.

At the very least, the car should not decelerate for an off-ramp unless you signaled the turn. The programmers need to realize that GPS, good as it is, is sometimes off.