TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2018.24.7 firmware

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by N8Howell33, Jul 10, 2018.

1. N8Howell33

N8Howell33 Member

I don't yet have the update but it appears it has started rolling out. If you get it please include any screen shots and/or additional findings. It appears this may be a model 3 specific update (at least at this point)

2. JZtheHW

JZtheHW Member

Here are screen shots for 2018.24.7, just updated today on my model 3. I assume it is bug fixed version for 2018.24.1

Attached Files:

• Helpful x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. brobison

brobison Member

Thanks for the quick update and info!

4. Electroman

Electroman Active Member

Any AP changes? Any good news on nag frequency?

5. MrYenko

MrYenko Member

I hope so. My default grip on the wheel doesn't put enough torque on it to register, so I end up having to babysit the nag alerts more than I have to monitor autopilot itself.

6. Shygar

Shygar Member

How do you hold the steering wheel? I used to use 2 hands but I switched to one hand with my elbow resting on the armrest and I haven't had a single nag in months.

7. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Peanut Gallery Member

Yeah I generally lightly hang my right hand on the 5 o'clock position since I got my car in April and I have never gotten a nag.

• Like x 3
  8. omgwtfbyobbq

omgwtfbyobbq Active Member

Hope it's coming soon, I've been on 21.9 forever.

9. mtndrew1

mtndrew1 Member

Exactly the same here and can go hundreds of miles without a nag. Just the right amount of resistance.

10. JZtheHW

JZtheHW Member

Maybe it is a personal feeling, I pretty much use AP on every single day on freeway driving, I felt Autopolit handles the situation that someone cuts into my lance a bit smoother. Absolutely love the summon feature even it is a beta.

I treat AP as driving assistance, watching the traffic while driving, hold the steering wheel and apply a bit of force on it once a while, rarely get the nag.

11. SOULPEDL

SOULPEDL Member

I'm still on 2018.21, did I miss one? Is this thing on?

No nags, Model 3. Don't get me started.

12. mbranciforte

mbranciforte Member

Thanks for the updates. I’m still stuck on 2018.21.9 too!! Feels like forever!

13. N8Howell33

N8Howell33 Member

I think the vast majority of model 3 owners are on 2018.21.9 If you look @ Teslafi OR ev-fw, you will see the percentages of model 3's running 2018.24.X (which it appears .1 was pulled and now it's .7) is very low. I have had 2018.21.9 over a month now and am excited for summon but I understand if they are fixing bugs so it works better by the time majority of the fleet gets the update.

14. Chris350

Chris350 Member

Picked my car up last Thursday 7/12.

It had the 24.7 installed already.

Last night, I received an update. It appears to be the same 24.7 that the indicated it already had.

Not sure why....

15. lee619

lee619 Member

Had my car delivered today. Had 24.7. Woohoo!

16. paladinfello

paladinfello Member

Car was delivered today with 21.9. Just finished updating to 24.7. Is anyone else scared as I am to summon it out of the garage?

17. Dana1

Dana1 Supporting Member

It works great with 24.1. Stops as soon as you lift your finger off the button.

• Like x 1
  18. angelman

angelman Member

This may have come in an earlier update but I don't remember it working before. Pushing the rhs steering wheel ball right and left changes the follow distance of the autopilot. I had seen in other forums this was a much request feature.. but maybe it had been implemented earlier and I only just discovered it!

19. swaltner

swaltner Member

That was introduced in 2018.18 if not the previous release. That same release also let you adjust the cruise control set speed by scrolling the right wheel up/down.

20. SDKoala

SDKoala RWD LR

Pretty sure it was introduced in 12.1. I remember getting it in April.