TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2018.24 has Summon for M3?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by RyanDe, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Shygar

Shygar Member

I would wait. There must be a reason why most cars don't have it yet

2. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Supporting Member

But how can anyone specify...or not specify?

3. Marsnaut

Marsnaut Member

I'm gonna drop by the Service Center (2 miles from my house) on Thursday to see if I can get the update. I'll try to report back if they recommend me not to update.

4. N8Howell33

N8Howell33 Member

No I actually don't use it often. It doesn't seem to engage to let me as much as I would like.

5. Shygar

Shygar Member

As far as I'm aware you can't request a firmware, other than going into a service center and having them push it. But there's not really a guarantee that will work either.

6. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

Right, and the more you attempt to do that, the less likely the service center is going to do it for you.

7. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Peanut Gallery Member

Yeah I'm good with waiting. I agree that there's probably a reason they haven't pushed this update broadly.

8. KenR

KenR Member

I got lucky and got it today. Have not tried it yet. They pushed it to me to see if it would fix my backup camera which is super dark.
    I will post later when I get home and see if it puts it in the garage for me.