Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.24 has Summon for M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My current strategy is to park relatively close in but in an end stall right next to thee side curb.

Rules of parking when you love your car's condition:

1. Curb/wall to the right of the car if parking nose-in, or to the left of the car if backing in, then you only have to worry about a passenger (if the next car parks nose-in, which is more common), which is of course less of a sure thing than a driver (and the driver is more likely to care about his own car than a passenger). Align as far from the adjacent spot as physically possible.

2. Never next to a minivan. NEVER. Sure, the sliding door can't hit you, but the flood of children excitedly waving hard, scratchy toys sure can, and kids are weird and like to touch people's stuff anyway.

3. Avoid two spots away from another car, because then the single spot between you shines like a beacon to the slavish hordes. 2 spots between you is awkward for a lot of people because people are drawn to patterns and there's a good chance they'll park elsewhere. 3 spots and they'll usually take the centermost one, creating a one-car gap like you were trying to avoid, but it's one fewer person who arrived after you to potentially damage your car.*

*I have no data to support this theory but any guy can vouch for this with urinals.

Someone on reddit posted the following:

• With this release, Model 3 now connects to available Wi-Fi networks. Tap the LTE icon at the top of the touchscreen and select the network you want to join
  • Cabin Overheat Protection - When active, your vehicle prevents the interior temperature from exceeding .... On by default.
  • Summon - Model 3 can now be summoned in and out of narrow parking spaces using the mobile app. To enable this feature, tap Controls Autopilot Summon. To learn how to initiate, cancel, and customize Summon, refer to the Owner’s Manual
I still haven’t seen any confirmation of a Model 3 actually receiving 2018.24 yet nor screenshots of the release notes for the Model 3. I’d like to believe all of the above is true but I’m not holding my breath.

• With this release, Model 3 now connects to available Wi-Fi networks. Tap the LTE icon at the top of the touchscreen and select the network you want to join
  • Cabin Overheat Protection - When active, your vehicle prevents the interior temperature from exceeding .... On by default.
  • Summon - Model 3 can now be summoned in and out of narrow parking spaces using the mobile app. To enable this feature, tap Controls Autopilot Summon. To learn how to initiate, cancel, and customize Summon, refer to the Owner’s Manual
I still haven’t seen any confirmation of a Model 3 actually receiving 2018.24 yet nor screenshots of the release notes for the Model 3. I’d like to believe all of the above is true but I’m not holding my breath.

Hrm... "in and out of narrow parking spaces".... the S does it opening/closing garage doors too, doesn't it? Cuz that is the I AM BATMAN feature I'm waiting for.

I neeeeed thiiissssssss

Confirmed! Summon is enabled for Model 3 in 2018.24.
20180621_115307.jpg