Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.26.2 6341863

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this this morning.

Predict nothing in the release notes.

boaterva was spot on - nothing new in the release notes.

tesla2018.26.2.screen.jpg tesla.2018.26.2.releasenotes.jpg

That's a personal preference. If it comes, I hope it's optional, because I don't want it.
Oh, I'm sure (as sure as anyone can be when it comes to this place lol) that it will be optional. Look at every other setting on the cars. Folding mirrors, air suspension, etc. If you are used to it as it is, it should be optional, I agree. I just want to not have to walk backwards to be sure the car locks!

• Funny
Reactions: l4sythe
Then what part am I missing?

I'm far from being a copyright lawyer and I absolutely think artist should be compensated for their work when applicable.

Reading all the stories related to that including analysis by people more involved in copyright law than me, the main takeaway points I kept are:

1- The 'infringing' artwork was not a copy of the original but a reproduction made by other means by a third party and is significantly different to an average observer.

2- The total number of Tesla cars sales generated or closed because of this unicorn is 0 so no profit was derived from it. It has influenced 0 buyers into buying the car and generating profit for Tesla, not even a little.

3- The total number of lost sales for the potter because of Tesla's use of the unicorn is 0

4- The total number of gained sales for the potter because of Tesla's use of the unicorn is > 0

5- The potter may have harmed is sales more by looking greedy in those circumstances than otherwise. Now that Tesla has completely removed the unicorn, we'll see...

Given those facts and other I didn't write down or remember, even if a copyright violation could be proved (very unlikely) the damage assessment would have been 0$. That's probably why Elon Musk called an eventual lawsuit lame. If we stick with the idea that the two artworks are indistinguishable, in my opinion, it could be considered as product placement by the potter and if anything, he should have been paying tesla (a very small amount) for the publicity. Thus, it is STILL lame.