TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2018.26.3 be4b11e update

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by N8Howell33, Jul 27, 2018.

1. KFORE

KFORE Member

Looks like they begun rolling 26.3 out again this morning.

2. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Peanut Gallery Member

This waiting for FW updates is reminiscent of my waiting for the car. :)

• Funny x 2
  3. Dana1

Dana1 Supporting Member

Lucy is at SC for vampire drain and Summon error message. App shows her on 26.3 now. Hoping no more “too far away” error messages.

4. JZtheHW

JZtheHW Member

I just got my car serviced today, the minute I pull up to SC, few minutes later the update icon pops up, and the technician told me that my car will automatically start downloading the latest firmware by just visiting SC, guess what , from now on, whenever there is an update, I would just drive by the SC w/o any schedule. Nice

5. BigD0g

BigD0g Active Member

I don’t think that’s true anymore, now I believe you need a work order in the system for the car to start downloading the update when you hit the SC service WiFi.

• Like x 3
  6. JZtheHW

JZtheHW Member

I do not know that, any reason to restrict customer-initiated update?

7. BigD0g

BigD0g Active Member

Not that I’m aware of, other then the testing problems with a bad firmware that’s happened for example the one that bricked a few m3’s because of a mismatch with the BMS firmware signature, imagine all m3 owners downloaded that update. The only way to fix it was to bring it to the SC.... talk about a PR nightmare, Tesla likes to test on some cars / lucky owners first and then hit the big button every few weeks.

• Like x 1
  8. JZtheHW

JZtheHW Member

I see, that is a very different approach to deploy software update in the auto industry.

9. ranova

ranova Member

10. Shygar

Shygar Member

A whole bunch of 3's just installed 26.3

11. eprosenx

eprosenx Active Member

I just got it on my M3 this evening.

12. amitmishra4

amitmishra4 Member

I got a notification around midnight as well for 26.3 and actually went to the car and installed it around 1 AM since the last time I got a notification and went out after a few hours, there was no update. More than likely, they had probably pulled it due to a bug the last time but nevertheless, this is my first update since I picked up the car.

I really do wish I can trigger the update right through the app though in the future.

13. Chris350

Chris350 Member

Same here....

Got the notification around 1130pm EST....

Installed....

Hope there are no surprises this morning....

14. Shygar

Shygar Member

Still waiting here. On 21.9

15. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Peanut Gallery Member

I spoke to Tesla support last night about getting FW updates, and in essence the tech said they are just really cautious about mass deployment. And at times they retire major versions before it is certified for everyone in favor of testing a new version. All of this most people knew, I think.

Clearly they are more concerned about general stability than getting new features out to customers. And I'm ok with that. But I still have my fingers crossed for getting 26.x before the next major update.

16. smartypnz

smartypnz Supporting Member

Got it. For the first time in 5+ years asked for a push on the update. SO hated the echo. Didn't know it would be this version.

17. nogajim

nogajim Member

I think everyone is likely to get an update to WiFi before the next major update. Still sitting at 21.9 here.

18. Dana1

Dana1 Supporting Member

My horn beeps upon locking and Summon hasn’t given me the “too far away” error that I had on v24.1

19. Thunder7ga

Thunder7ga Member

Just upgraded from 26.1 to 26.3. All worked fine before so just a leveling of version to current I guess.

20. seyclone

seyclone Member

Since I live only about 10 minutes away from the Syosset SC, I decided to test out your theory. I pulled into the parking lot and got as close to the building as I could. The car tried to pair with the Service Center wireless, but didn't succeed. I sat there for 15 minutes, but no bolt of lightning. I guess I'll just have to wait like everyone else

• Funny x 1