Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.26 3bbd9fd .-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just FYI for anybody that's interested older cars are getting 2018. 26 too.. just got it today on my 2012 Signature, haven't checked the release notes yet probably won't do much for a car of this vintage aside from bug fixes and such.

Reactions: Kacey Green
I haven't driven enough to say. Will tell you in a couple of hours after the morning battleground.
At least for my roads, I have found no improvement in the phantom braking. Had lots in urban areas when there was an incline/decline, and a couple on the freeway. If the phantom braking is being tackled with white lists then the white lists have not managed to cover the areas I drive in.

After a week, definitely noticed less phantom braking, actually none thus far.

Don't get too excited, I've had a little phantom braking on mine in harsh sunlight but it's definitely not the major problem it used to be. But they still haven't sorted the worrying tendency to steer into side roads when passing T-junctions yet. I think that "feature" was introduced in the previous firmware and is an obvious bug.

At least for my roads, I have found no improvement in the phantom braking. Had lots in urban areas when there was an incline/decline, and a couple on the freeway. If the phantom braking is being tackled with white lists then the white lists have not managed to cover the areas I drive in.
After today's drive, however, I did note it uploaded 350MB where normally it would only upload 50MB. I usually trigger lots of warnings and a couple of disengagements as well as the phantom braking so perhaps lots of good test cases...

• Informative
Reactions: Wolverinegeoff
Just installed not driven my ms 75D December 2017 yet

F9C80E09-F429-4F3D-BD00-4638536F0533.jpeg
6EBAC179-8133-4661-9535-EE40BB929FAF.jpeg

Any idea how often they update map tiles? Do these just get updated gradually and re-uploaded to the car when you enter the tile space, or do they tend to come all at once? May be a more appropriate question for the autopilot forum, but I always appreciate your insight!

It's gradual, and seemingly random? You car caches tiles, and then when the cache expires it will download new tiles, it can also check to see if a tile has changed and download the new tile as well if it doesn't match the cached tile. The tiles are very finite blocks, so the mothership has very very gradual control over tiles for a given area. There's a thread that I don't have time to go find right now, that will teach you how to download the production tiles so you can see when they changed, search is your friend ;)

• Informative
Reactions: Wolverinegeoff
Did anyone notice a difference with the navigation in the IC? I've had the new maps since 4/24. Today, I went into work at a different time and used the navigation. It seemed to me there was more information in the IC but maybe that's been there a while? I noticed it had the icon for the highway I was on and the exit number. I'll compare it to a 2018.24.1 car tonight to see if it's new or I'm just seeing it for the first time.

• Informative
Reactions: Doctt