Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.26 3bbd9fd .-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not necessarily...early P90D were AP1...

Not even just early P90D...P100D came out before AP2! P100D deliveries started August 2016 (AP1) and AP2 only came in October 2016 (first deliveries).

So you can't even reasonably assume P100Ds have AP2+. The early ones were AP1. Fewer P90Ds would be AP2 than AP1.

I have a S90D AP2 car and just did my first dtive with 2018.26. Some roads that I experienced problems on are now smooth. These same roads did not have any issues with 2018.21 and earlier. I am beginning to think the minor fixes and improvements pertain to newly gathered AP data.

Reactions: croman
Just drove on a long stretch of highway after updating to 2018.26 (was previously on 2018.24.1)

From my timing & distance calculations, nags appear to be identical in this latest version.

Haven’t noticed other improvements yet. This is on my late 2014 Model S P85DL+ with AP1.

Traffic updates are still broken in this update.

To be specific, during one drive session, traffic shows a certain pattern along the freeways (call it “pattern 1”).

Then a couple of hours later, I go for another drive, and the maps still show traffic pattern 1 which is completely out of date.

After disabling traffic info then re-enabling it, traffic pattern 1 is replaced with updated and current traffic (call it “pattern 2”).

Yet another few hours later, get back in my car and traffic pattern 2 is still showing (completely wrong again).

When will Tesla fix this??

To be specific, during one drive session, traffic shows a certain pattern along the freeways (call it “pattern 1”).

Then a couple of hours later, I go for another drive, and the maps still show traffic pattern 1 which is completely out of date.

After disabling traffic info then re-enabling it, traffic pattern 1 is replaced with updated and current traffic (call it “pattern 2”).

Yet another few hours later, get back in my car and traffic pattern 2 is still showing (completely wrong again).

Yeah I see the same thing in .26, started with the vector maps. I guess all of the random incidental refreshing with the bitmap maps coincidentally kept traffic up to date?

Or otherwise, the map tile caching and traffic tile caching teams decided to trade jobs for a few months :D

Do you get any responses out of Tesla for reporting minor things like this? Unless my report is on the severity of "my car won't start", I've not gotten a response from any of the local service centers for reporting random things like this.
I guess it was more of a civil way of asking if it was reported without being confrontational. :)

And, no, they don't reply for the most part, although I did get a "fixed in next release" once, which didn't happen. Guess I'm thinking if enough of us bother to complain, they might bother to fix it. It shouldn't have to take a tweet to Elon to get things done, IMHO. :(

I guess it was more of a civil way of asking if it was reported without being confrontational. :)

And, no, they don't reply for the most part, although I did get a "fixed in next release" once, which didn't happen. Guess I'm thinking if enough of us bother to complain, they might bother to fix it. It shouldn't have to take a tweet to Elon to get things done, IMHO. :(

Sorry, I definitely was not meaning to be confrontational.

It would be great if there were some sort of bug-reporting form or feedback mechanism that made me feel like things aren't going into a black hole. I don't need them to respond to every one of my feedback, but it does seem like it would be good for Tesla to know whether or not customers are experiencing a certain class of problems.

When I email the service center, though, I just get the impression that nobody is looking at it at all.

Sorry, I definitely was not meaning to be confrontational.
Sorry, guess I worded it incorrectly. I meant I posed the question so as not to be confrontational, or at least tried to. :)

I believe that if enough owners report problems, even if through a quick e-mail or “bug report” voice feedback for more severe issues, followed up with mail, possibly might be addressed. Squeaky wheel effect.

Reactions: chillaban
Edit: BigD0g says AP1 - can’t argue with that

Original:
That’s interesting- he’s got a P90D, so wouldn’t that mean it “needs” to be at least AP2? Clearly looks like a big box truck at the point you refer to?

I know it’s petty but man seeing trucks and motorcycle icons is cool. When are we getting that back with AP2 (rhetorical)? Hopefully with version 9.

I’ve reported it every time it happens using the bug report voice command. No response from Tesla so far (not that I was expecting one, just addressing the question above).
Thanks! Note though over time it’s been noticed Tesla doesn’t read the reports even though we get a “thanks for reporting...” as much as it is a marker in the logs which they use when they get a “real” report opened via mail or a call. It let’s support easily find the time stamp in question.

I’ve been informed by service they “periodically” review the voice submitted notes, but I have no proof that happens based on my own past submissions.

Agree traffic is still not working properly!