Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018.28.1 has just been detected on TeslaFi's first Model 3, a vehicle in AZ. Opening this thread to track related discussion.

If you gots it, share release notes and thoughts!
Minor improvements and bug fixes.

Attachments

• C57F998C-723F-47BE-A8EF-E899C31684F4.jpeg
    C57F998C-723F-47BE-A8EF-E899C31684F4.jpeg
    332.2 KB · Views: 253
  • 24348138-572D-447B-8712-8B311D0EB8B2.jpeg
    24348138-572D-447B-8712-8B311D0EB8B2.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 182
Because Tesla doesn't have a time machine yet?
In all seriousness, I am pretty sure that the 28 means 28th week of the year, so you would only see 2018.26.4 if it was released 4 times that week, but in this case it was developed 2 weeks later.
Well it makes more sense when one knows what the naming convention is.

Thanks for the time machine comment.

Reactions: xpitxbullx
Interesting.

You’d think the SW version would remain 26.X for “minor improvements and bug fixes”.

Can’t wait for Version 9 to start appearing in the wild. I hope I get to start testing it early this time. I only got 26.3 (from 21.9) last week!

Interesting.

You’d think the SW version would remain 26.X for “minor improvements and bug fixes”.

Can’t wait for Version 9 to start appearing in the wild. I hope I get to start testing it early this time. I only got 26.3 (from 21.9) last week!
I am interested to see if now having WiFi will help firmware updates come faster or at least more successfully.

Reactions: MelaniainLA

From what I've read, Tesla versions their software updates by the date they're released.

For example, 2018.28.1

2018 would be the year released. 28 would be the week of the year it was released in. 1 would be an incremental number in case of multiple releases that week. I could be wrong, though.

From what I've read, Tesla versions their software updates by the date they're released.

For example, 2018.28.1

2018 would be the year released. 28 would be the week of the year it was released in. 1 would be an incremental number in case of multiple releases that week. I could be wrong, though.
Right but we are in Week 32. In the past for about 1 year until recently it was pretty regular. They would release during the ODD Week for the previous EVEN week. So we should at least be getting 2018.30. Looks like things are a bit slow while finishing v9.

These releases are supposedly keyed to the week of the year (28 = July 9 2018), meaning they’re a little behind.

Not necessarily. I’m sure these builds go through some internal testing before they start the initial rollout to the fleet. This build could have been in testing for a week or more before it hit a Model 3 in the wild.

I’m curious if anyone has noticed any tweaks or improvements with this version so far. Hopefully now that my Model 3 actually has WiFi access I’ll get new versions a little bit quicker.

Reactions: N8Howell33
I still have consistent phone as key issues with 26.3. I have no hope for a fix any time soon. Especially when Tesla Service keeps telling me.. oh, it will be in the next update... that was 3 updates ago.

well so far since i got the 28.1 update earlier i can say its been more consistent because i had the same issue with the 26 update. I was about 50% success. So far on 28.1 the 5 times i have went to my car today it unlocked every time, but you know mileage and depending on phone type this may very. Im running iPhone X on iOS 12 beta 6.

Reactions: N8Howell33