TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Zaxxon, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Quickstart88

Quickstart88 Member

Hello Jrobb02 - is there a setting you must enable for the audible locking noise. That's the soft horn beep sound you are referring to. Right?

2. psyrob

psyrob Member

got mine last night. It gave me a message that it added overheat protection (but I already had that) as well as the extra clicks and sounds. I am looking to see if it fixed my false brake light and windshield fluid low, that I was still getting. Also hoping it minimizes the substantial vampire drain I was getting

3. 9erDog

9erDog Member

I believe that you enable that in the car using the Locks Menu. Click on the Settings Gearbox icon at the top right and you should have an option to enable the audible locking noise. I did it this morning and it's quite convenient and gives you peace of mind without having to look back at the car as you walk away.

4. tivoboy

tivoboy Active Member

My traffic in the Bay Area seems to be real time regardless of inputting a destination. It’s refreshing and directly parallels google maps data.

5. Quickstart88

Quickstart88 Member

Thanks - that worked!

6. Ethos

Ethos Member

Me too. I have driven once since the update and no brake/windshield warning so far. I previously had 24.1 and never got 26.1. I have had an issue with HomeLink intermittently failing to transmit which I REALLY hope is fixed. It leaves me trapped in the garage or on the street until I reboot the computer.

7. RayK

RayK Member

#67 RayK, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    Also received 28.1 early this morning. Was on 24.1 since delivery last month. Have enabled beep locking mode. Will see if it's too annoying for late night use.

P.S. Had problems signing into Tesla Slacker account. Took about four attempts before channel list appeared but all seemed fine after that. Yellow tire icon still persists. Will take care of it on first service call.

P.P.S. Still need to confirm that the window washer and brake fluid warnings are gone at start up. Didn't remember to look for them this morning.

8. PoitNarf

PoitNarf My dog's breath smells like dog food

It's surprisingly quiet. I actually have to actively listen for it most of the time to even hear it.

• Like x 1
  9. jelly

jelly Member

My Bluetooth call connection issue seems resolved but there is still some echo. Not sure if that changed or improved.

10. RayK

RayK Member

I tried it out early this morning after the update finished. It was a little loud being parked in my driveway at 2AM but should be okay most other times.

11. ICE Dagger

ICE Dagger Member

Just received 28.1. Very curious to see if Wi-Fi now stays awake when the car goes to sleep. So far so good. This is relevant for people, like myself, who have no LTE at their home. Whenever the car went to sleep Wi-Fi was going to sleep as well. The workaround was to get close enough, inside the house, to get a Bluetooth connection and then unlock the car (does not have to be awake to do this...just connected) and then wait a few seconds for it to wake up. So far Wi-Fi seems to be staying awake.

12. harcocjh

harcocjh Member

So I hear the single beep when the car locks but when I walk up to the car I was expecting to hear the double beep indicating it was unlocked but I do not. If I unlock with my phone it'll honk. Anyone know if there's a way to enable it to either honk or for the mirrors to pop out? I'd like to know if the car unlocks as i approach or if I'm gonna need to mess with my phone or grab the card before I try the door.

13. 9erDog

9erDog Member

So first charge since 28.1 installed this morning and I am seeing one message saying that charging had finished and many consecutive messages that the car had started charging:

1 at 2:34 PM - finished
    1 at 2:35 PM - started
    1 at 2:36 PM
    1 at 2:39 PM
    1 at 2:42 PM
    1 at 2:43 PM
    1 at 2:44 PM
    1 at 2:44 PM

All messages on my iPhone 6s Plus. Anyone else seeing this?

14. TT97

TT97 Active Member

I now have Summon(s), Speed Limit Mode, overheat protection and horn on lock which I believe those were all the functions added between 24.x and 26.x updates. Other than overheat protection, the other three need to be turned on (off by default).

15. Chris350

Chris350 Member

Was just informed via my mobile app that the SC just updated to 28.1

Coming from 26.3

16. aSlowOldGUy

aSlowOldGUy Member

Got 28.1 last night - upgraded from 24.7, which was on the car when I picked it up 7/14.

17. GuyDude

GuyDude Member

#77 GuyDude, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    received 28.1 today. anxiously waiting for 2018.29!

Also the car feels faster now with 28.1!

anyone else experience this?

18. Twincam23

Twincam23 Member

I once encountered this issue on version 24.8. never happened again. got 28.1 yesterday evening.

• Informative x 1
  19. Twincam23

Twincam23 Member

i
    I hope you're correct about the boost.
    On another note, prior to 28.1, I couldn't disconnect the charger from the car unless I unlock one of the doors.
    This morning, I just press the button on the wand and the charging indicator turned blue and was able to unplug without opening one of the doors.
    anyone else encountered this?

• Informative x 1
  20. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Active Member

Did anyone in Canada get summon working?

• Funny x 1