Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh, I actually had 26.2 and had this happen all the time. Car kept starting and stopping charging like every minute when it hit the max charge I set it at. Called support and they saw the same so they forced an update to the car... 28.2. Looks like the update didn’t fix the issue. :( let us know if you hear anything else! I’ll post back if .2 fixes it.
Have the exact same issue with 28.2

Ugh, oh well. Did you get the BSM bootloader fix that was mentioned above? Since you're still getting the issue, I'm sure I'll get it again either tonight or tomorrow (it only randomly happens). I'll call Tesla and ask about the BSM fix and let you know what they say!
I don't believe so, would my car have it? It was delivered (in Canada) on May 22nd. How could I check?

I don't believe so, would my car have it? It was delivered (in Canada) on May 22nd. How could I check?
Most likely not, I picked up my car July 7th in Florida and I heard that the fix came after that. You have to bring the car in to get the fix applied as they won't do it over the air.

Here's the thread discussing the issue, so we don't hijack this one
Battery Management System (BMS) Bootloader Update

Got 28.1 last night - upgraded from 24.7, which was on the car when I picked it up 7/14.

Same here, was on 24.7 since delivery on 7/13.

But now I have three side effects noticed so far as a TeslaFi since Day-1 user:
  1. Idle drain seems to be reduced by about 50% per hour based on previous data logs/day. *That's the good one!
  2. Car does not seem to want to enter sleep mode as it did before usually after 30min of being parked per my TeslaFi settings.
  3. I've had several "Offline" notifications already today via TeslaFi that I've never seen in the past AND the Tesla widget on my iPhone 8 reports "Please Open App" which does bring the car back online, but not sure why it's offline in the first place. :confused:

1. Idle drain seems to be reduced by about 50% per hour based on previous data logs/day. *That's the good one!
  2. Car does not seem to want to enter sleep mode as it did before usually after 30min of being parked per my TeslaFi settings.
  3. I've had several "Offline" notifications already today via TeslaFi that I've never seen in the past AND the Tesla widget on my iPhone 8 reports "Please Open App" which does bring the car back online, but not sure why it's offline in the first place. :confused:

Similar for me.

1. Idle drain seems about the same. At 4 miles a day for me.

2. It takes hours before it enters sleep now. It sometimes wakes up and doesn’t sleep for hours. Unlike before it slept after 10 mins. Must have sleep regression like my son.

3. I’ve got them too. Must open app to get the widget to work again. But when i do I notice the car wakes up so fast. It clearly was awake already.

• Helpful
Reactions: NJturtlePower
Similar for me.

1. Idle drain seems about the same. At 4 miles a day for me.

2. It takes hours before it enters sleep now. It sometimes wakes up and doesn’t sleep for hours. Unlike before it slept after 10 mins. Must have sleep regression like my son.

3. I’ve got them too. Must open app to get the widget to work again. But when i do I notice the car wakes up so fast. It clearly was awake already.

I'm glad I'm not alone, tried contacting TeslaFi already via forum and FB...no word yet.

It's obviously update related because that was the ONLY change for me and like I said I had been running TeslaFi and 24.7 since day 1 delivery.

Hopefully it will be resolved soon.... but strange enough I just drove to work and my car did just go to sleep after an hour, not its usual 30-min so we'll see if it improves. The only other time it will sleep consistently is when plugged in / charging.

Just received the following message from James at TeslaFi in case anybody has experiences similar to mine described above...

Hi,

Unfortunately TeslaFi can't make the car sleep. It can only pause polling to try to let it sleep but it's up the Tesla and car when it's ready to sleep and it seems to change with the model 3 on each firmware release.

I would make sure you have cabin overheat turned off. I would also recommend not using the Tesla widget since every time you view it the car will 'wake up' and the clock could start all over on when it's ready to sleep.

A few software versions have displayed offline when the car is idle and it may be sleeping but it's not the typical way it works. It changes from version to version so for now TeslaFi just includes this in the idle session. You can disable offline notifications within settings->notifications if you receive to many.

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks,
James

Are you seeing any change in your total charge miles? I was always either 263 or 264 prior to 28.1 and now I am 260 for both charges since receiving 28.1.

I've got 28.1 and already people are getting 28.2. Does anyone know what the difference is between the two versions?

Bug fixes and improvements. The only way we'd be able to know what the actual differences are if there's a leak from a service center or something. There was someone on reddit a little while back that managed to sneak a peak at what the service techs see on their computer monitors which goes into much greater detail on exactly what is changed in that particular version.

Just received the following message from James at TeslaFi in case anybody has experiences similar to mine described above...

Hi,

Unfortunately TeslaFi can't make the car sleep. It can only pause polling to try to let it sleep but it's up the Tesla and car when it's ready to sleep and it seems to change with the model 3 on each firmware release.

I would make sure you have cabin overheat turned off. I would also recommend not using the Tesla widget since every time you view it the car will 'wake up' and the clock could start all over on when it's ready to sleep.

A few software versions have displayed offline when the car is idle and it may be sleeping but it's not the typical way it works. It changes from version to version so for now TeslaFi just includes this in the idle session. You can disable offline notifications within settings->notifications if you receive to many.

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks,
James

Is he talking about the iOS widget? Looking at the iOS widget does NOT wake up the car per other threads and my own experience.