TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by silvanojr, Aug 11, 2018.

1. silvanojr

silvanojr Member

I just got my car updated to 2018.28.3.

Release notes are just fixes and improvements.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. halfricanguy

halfricanguy MSM Model 3

I got it installed but haven’t interacted with it yet. I was hoping it’d be the Enhanced Autopilot free trials I’ve been hearing about for those who don’t have it.

3. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

The AP trial requires 2018.28.1 or later so I suspect this is why Tesla is pushing 2018.28.x out so rapidly. I’d bet that they’re waiting to hit most of the fleet before they flip the switch for the AP trials. Based upon the info available on TeslaFi it looks like a little over half of the Model 3 fleet is running some version of 2018.28.x.

• Informative x 2
  4. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

One thing that is new but unlisted is the charge port door works as expected.
    You can open the chargeport without having to unlock the car - assuming you have your phone key

• Like x 5
  5. lee619

lee619 Member

I might ask for an update push just for this.

6. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

It's always been that way for me...

7. soybomb

soybomb New Member

just got 28.3 this morning, notice waaay more vehicles displayed now and at much further distances on the display (non EAP car)

• Informative x 1
  8. sperkin

sperkin Member

This update says 1.4 hours to install and usually it shows 45min. I will update it later once I get home but odd that it takes that long when it’s a minor update

• Helpful x 1
  9. Twiglett

I’ve never had an update take 45 mins yet :)

10. phigment

phigment Member

I thought so too the night 28.2 installed for me. But the next day I still had to open a door before the charge port would unlock.

• Like x 1
  11. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

My free trial has been active for days, perhaps all the way back to my pickup date on 8/3

12. nitzmahone

nitzmahone Supporting Member

Same here- I don't think this behavior has changed at all (it still won't work if the car's locked and deep sleeping).

13. intjester

intjester Member

I have this working in 28.2. Can now walk up to a sleeping, locked car, push the button on the charge cable handle and the car and charge port unlock. Previously had to wake the car with a door handle first.

14. tambam

tambam Member

28.2 is never unlocking for me via the charge handle.

15. sperkin

sperkin Member

The install actually didn't take very long. I think it was around 30-45min. I used the time to wash my windows and vacuumed the car. This update seems to increase the range where AP reacts to the car in front. My car started to slow down way before it rendered a vehicle on the screen. I was surprised since it always speed like a bat out of hell and then slams on the brake once the car renders on the screen. Today it's been much smoother.

• Like x 1
  16. crackers8199

crackers8199 Member

not necessarily. i thought this was fixed with 28.2, but it has proven not to be the case. it is *better* with 28.2, but still not 100% working.

17. CapnOMatic

CapnOMatic Member

Haven't tried this yet. But as long as the detection of a key is still required I'm fine with it. Last thing I want is for someone to disconnect my charging cable while I'm at a supercharger just for thrills.

18. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Yes detection of key will be required to unlock, just like on Model S and X, just won’t require opening a door first.

19. Twiglett

It hasn’t failed for me yet.
    Of course it’s less than a week, so the working/not working call is too small a sample right now :)

20. intjester

intjester Member

You are correct. I spoke too soon.

I tested it after a period of a few minutes and it worked fine, but does not work after sitting all night.