Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got it installed but haven’t interacted with it yet. I was hoping it’d be the Enhanced Autopilot free trials I’ve been hearing about for those who don’t have it.

The AP trial requires 2018.28.1 or later so I suspect this is why Tesla is pushing 2018.28.x out so rapidly. I’d bet that they’re waiting to hit most of the fleet before they flip the switch for the AP trials. Based upon the info available on TeslaFi it looks like a little over half of the Model 3 fleet is running some version of 2018.28.x.

One thing that is new but unlisted is the charge port door works as expected.
You can open the chargeport without having to unlock the car - assuming you have your phone key

I have this working in 28.2. Can now walk up to a sleeping, locked car, push the button on the charge cable handle and the car and charge port unlock. Previously had to wake the car with a door handle first.

This update says 1.4 hours to install and usually it shows 45min. I will update it later once I get home but odd that it takes that long when it’s a minor update

The install actually didn't take very long. I think it was around 30-45min. I used the time to wash my windows and vacuumed the car. This update seems to increase the range where AP reacts to the car in front. My car started to slow down way before it rendered a vehicle on the screen. I was surprised since it always speed like a bat out of hell and then slams on the brake once the car renders on the screen. Today it's been much smoother.

Reactions: Blue in NC
I have this working in 28.2. Can now walk up to a sleeping, locked car, push the button on the charge cable handle and the car and charge port unlock. Previously had to wake the car with a door handle first.

Haven't tried this yet. But as long as the detection of a key is still required I'm fine with it. Last thing I want is for someone to disconnect my charging cable while I'm at a supercharger just for thrills.